Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell only rings after two presses

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Team_X
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Arlo doorbell synced up to my ultra camera and chime.

1) You need to press the doorbell twice for it to ring your phone or for the chime to ring

2) When you take the call on your phone the video from the synced ultra camera is grey/doesn’t load.

Any suggested fixes. It a ridiculous problem to have given you’d think the point of the system would be for someone to push the doorbell once and for it to ring so you can see who is at your front door.
13 REPLIES 13
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Team_X,

When you unpair the Arlo Ultra camera from the Arlo Audio Doorbell and press the doorbell, do you still experience the problem where you have to press the Doorbell twice? If you don't, I would suggest to try re-pairing your Arlo Ultra to your Arlo Audio Doorbell by un-pairing and re-pairing. ​​​​​​

Team_X
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unpaired the doorbell and still have to push the button twice to get it to ring. The first push seems to wake it up and the second push then gets it to ring.

Quite ridiculous for such an expensive doorbell that it has to be pushed twice to work. Most people would only push the door bell once and leave.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

I have kind of the same issue - please also refer to my post here :

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Audio-Doorbell/Audio-doorbell-issue-Works-randomly-not-reliable-a...

This issue is apparently still not fixed 4 months later from ARLO 😮

Team_X
Aspirant
Aspirant
Multiple calls to tech support and still no fix. I ended up returning the doorbell and chime.
Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

Well, I am quite surprised to see that the same technical problem are not solved even 4 months after.

I have now 3 ticket numbers which are well describing Arlo Pro 3 camera and Audio doorbell issues.

Important functionality in Pro 3 is missing and not according to descriptions and the Audio Doorbell is absolutely useless as is ....

Call me naive ... but I will keep on for a while to get things solved via community/technical support/live chat  ... or I will escalate.

Can't be that you believe you buy high quality and expensive solutions from ARLO and support and technical solutions/bugs are not fixed - this is not professionel !

Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

Update: I got the following email from ARLO support today:

Good afternoon.
I want to personally inform you, during your contact to the Arlo Community and live chat session with us, we have initiated escalations based on the information provided.
We acknowledge the problem you have with Arlo Doorbell and Arlo Pro 3 activity zones.
The engineers is currently investigating the cause and possible resolution for these problems.

41579292 - Audio doorbell - button press works inconsistent
41567162 - Pro3 receiving Push Notifications for motion outside Activity Zones
41563106 - Will be logged as duplicate (Pro3 receiving Push Notifications for motion outside Activity Zones)

We apologize for the complexity and inconvenience of these problems, we will keep you update whenever we receive any updates from the relevant team.

Have a great weekend

Sincerely
Arlo Support

I am not completely sure if and when this brings any solutions, but at least ARLO seems to acknowledge the problem I/we/they have with Arlo Doorbell and Arlo Pro 3 activity zones ...

Team_X
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing how this, if at all, progresses.
AJtul
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem. Would like to know if I need to return my doorbell too or if Arlo will fix the problem.
Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

@AJtul 

No a single sound from ARLO in this matter .... ?!?

Hello ARLO - are you there somewhere?

How do you follow up on tickets where you acknowledge you have a problem.

Audio doorbell is still TOTALLY useless.

Team_X
Aspirant
Aspirant
They didn’t fix. I just returned it. Useless product.
AJtul
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Arlo

Hello, it’s me again...
Spent thousands of dollars on Arlo products and this is the type of service we receive from you. Not trying to be a “Karen” but I’m getting frustrated with the fact that I have a product of yours that has a flaw that you refuse to acknowledge or fix. I have also been a huge supporter of your company and products and have recommended them to all of my friends and family with a majority of them making the same investment in your company as I did. I suppose I will start suggesting Ring products and return doorbell that you refuse to fix.

Ole_BSCEE
Guide
Guide

Well, seems that Arlo fixed something - as least my audio doorbell changed behaviour and now almost works as it's supposed to do - please also see my post here (last update):

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Audio-Doorbell/Audio-doorbell-issue-Works-randomly-not-reliable-a...

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation