Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
timpharrison
Star
Star

Since updating to iOS 13 my doorbell does not call my iPhone (or that of my wife's).

I have followed guidance under a similar thread, to no avail:

- Reset Arlo base station

- Removed and reinstalled Arlo doorbell

- Removed and reinstalled iOS Arlo application

Any ideas before I try to return this to the manufacturer?  It really is very poor that the app upgrade was released without this being resolved.

207 REPLIES 207
gosupes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually it started working. It only works if I stay logged into the app though, so it's not ideal. Still thinking about boxing it back up and sending it back though.

Add3
Guide
Guide
I have updated the Arlo app and so far...so good! Thank you Arlo.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So if all is well now, which it seems to be, we just need to find a way to block any new updates FOREVER! Firmware, software and apps.

garethkendall19
Tutor
Tutor
Still not working on Android for me. Had a support ticket open for a week now with no support at all.
oscwes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday my doorbell worked 3 of 3 times. Android and iOS.

bscooper0
Guide
Guide
Yeah no good for mine on Android. Worked yesterday but now gone back to the same. No notification whatsoever. It used to pop up and then either crash the app or I couldn't get rid of the notification. Now it's not doing a thing.
Add3
Guide
Guide
Alas! What gives! I updated the app to 2.10 and my doorbell now works, but now my system sets mode to disarm all by itself. Consequently, out of 5 cameras, only one camera recorded all day yesterday, which simply does not make any sense! When I reset my base unit to arm, within the hour, it goes back to disarm. One problem is fixed only to have another one come in its place! Anyone else having this problem? Help!
Leena0808
Initiate
Initiate
To my surprise this evening my arlo door bell started calling my phone again. And it was a lovely surprise after a month. I couldn’t believe it was working so went back to try couple of more times and it did actually works now.
Thank you so much arlo for saving us.
Add3
Guide
Guide
Good news! After reinstalling the app and rebooting my base unit, it appears that my system no longer automatically switches to disarm.
speakinechos
Star
Star

The problem has returned on Android.  Traditional Chime rings and I get a notification that someone has pressed the doorbell but no call through on our phones.  This worked for a few days before breaking again.  Arlo, please fix!

speakinechos
Star
Star

This is a known issue and it was fixed for a few days but the problem has come back.  I don't know if it's a problem for iOS users but I have seen a number of people like myself with Android who said it worked for a few days after it was fixed but is now again not working.

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a Arlo Ultra system with 3 cameras, one linked to the door bell.. After the massive amount of issues I have had with this system, I should have known better, but I bought the doorbell. Its is useless, as all it does is crash the app (iPhone 11 Pro Max) every time I answer the call.. 

Rebooted every thing, good signal etc

Any ideas?? 

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Must be nearly grounds for a class action at this rate. I haven't bought an Arlo product that has worked or done what it says it is supposed to do. How do you guys sleep knowing this is what you are putting out.

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also crashes a iPhone 7 the same..  

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Support, do you have an email address to send the logs.. this is crashing every time across multiple iOS versions, multiple phones, and multiple internet connections.

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Give it time.. it will break again.. its the secret feature..

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

If an engineer or similar wants to call me to go though this feel free.. I have high speed internet and a whole Arlo Ultra, all brought down by the door bell. I will give you what time is required to run this to ground.

NikAus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Doorbell still not calling phone.
Any update Arlo????
Coldlikeice
Aspirant
Aspirant
My doorbell will not call my phone and will not connect the kamera. This was ok till they did the new app. The Only think the doorbell do just now is to send a pusch signal. I have reset the doorbell and unistall the app. Nothing work same problem.
pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
@ShayneS
What is up with the doorbell now?
It rings the phone but wont let me answer it just hangs up when you go to answer it
Webo2000
Star
Star
New update !! Seems to be working. Thanks arlo. Only tried a couple of times but fingers crossed
NikAus
Aspirant
Aspirant
To JjAdv
I believe this is the customer service email address for reporting issues:
customerservice@arlo.com
But it’s honestly not even worth contacting them, I sent them an email the other week regarding some of these issues and they didn’t even reply.
I just got some useless automatic response.
JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is this a doorbell update, base update? I haven't seen an app update..

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

For Android users still experiencing this issue with the Doorbell not ringing your phone, Can you force close the app > log back in > test to see if your calls come through.

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

If there has been an update (only update is iOS this morning), the doorbell still crashes the minute it answered. Given the silence from Arlo on this, I guess they aren't looking into it, or care.. Might take it back today and get a Ring system. Opportunity missed for Arlo, and another disgruntled customer that will talk the product down.. Crazy marketing people at this company..

Already talked my father out of it and into another brand, there is no way he could handle the amount of issues.