Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
timpharrison
Star
Star

Since updating to iOS 13 my doorbell does not call my iPhone (or that of my wife's).

I have followed guidance under a similar thread, to no avail:

- Reset Arlo base station

- Removed and reinstalled Arlo doorbell

- Removed and reinstalled iOS Arlo application

Any ideas before I try to return this to the manufacturer?  It really is very poor that the app upgrade was released without this being resolved.

207 REPLIES 207
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi gosupes,

What phone device are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and allow permission for calls? Make sure you don't have silent mode enabled on your Arlo Audio Doorbell.

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

@gosupes check out the other threads. There is an issue with the call feature for a lot of people. 

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JessicaP Do you have an update on when a fix will be deployed? It has been over a week now. 

NikAus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem,

Reported it to Arlo Support and not received a response.

When will this issue be fixed?

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Even worse for me tonight. My “live view” has become so bad with the pixelation that at night I can barely make out the image. Looking back several days, it was great. But now, perhaps after the crap I had to go through two days back, it is just horrible. If I needed to identify someone I would not be able to. Even the daylight live view is as bad as the night view. I can’t believe how much and how quickly the whole thing has deteriorated.

The other thing which started today is the pure white screen. When I open the app two or three of the static screen images for each device is pure white. Live view is pure white. Any recorded video from those cameras are pure white. I have to turn each camera off and on again, log out and back in, and then it looks normal. Totally over exposed image on the static image and recordings.

On Saturday, when I have the time to play “twenty questions” with the tech people, I will call to complain once again. I will also ask about a refund for the whole system. This is going to far.

timpharrison
Star
Star

Arlo moderator - can you confirm if this issue is being worked on?

For any potential customers, note that Arlo doorbell no longer works with Apple iPhones.  I have posted this same point to Twitter and to my Amazon review too.  Nobody at Arlo has responded to suggest otherwise.

I will keep posting to this thread to make sure it stays at the top of the board, to make sure any potential new customers are aware. 

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Good call timpharrison!

Update! My daylight live view and videos look much better today. I will wait until dark to see if the night vision is any better.
I know it’s not my wifi because my strength is great. 520 down and 32 up. Netgear Orbi system is great. Maybe Arlo should hook up with Netgear! 😝
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@timpharrison

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports on this issue & we will have an update available soon.

bscooper0
Guide
Guide
Hey guys, I'm having the exact same issue as of the last few weeks. I have the version 1.3 hardware and firmware 1.2.0.0_309_283 which I'm told is the latest. I have a Google pixel xl 2 with the latest OS. It could have been when I updated to android 10, but I can't confirm that. Anyone in the same boat?
Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

@bscooper0 Refer to the other threads. This lots of people are having the same issue.

bscooper0
Guide
Guide
I think I've gone through every thread I can find. Has anyone had any success with getting it sorted?
TJay64
Tutor
Tutor

I have found the same issue since installing the new app, under the customise settings for the doorbell, nothing can be activated without the silence calls and chime automatically turning on, thereby overriding any other settings.  the only thing that works , bizarrely, is the chime will work when all the slides are turned off. Of course this means no call to any linked phones. As soon as I try to turn on either chimes or incoming calls, the silent mode defaults to on, again over-riding the other functions.  My painful attempt at a live chat session resulted in me being on "hold" (on live chat?) by a person (I think) whose only question was "when does the problem start".  Hopefully this bug will be sorted asap as I have missed people at the door pressing on the doorbell with no way of communicating with them (the very reason for purchasing this product). I only know they were there because my camera alerted me to their presence at the front of the house.  And yes removing, reinstalling all the relevant apps, reboots etc.  makes no difference. Really? it is 2019 now, this sort of thing should not be necessary.

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Apparently Arlo's development team are investigating the calling issue. 

garethkendall19
Tutor
Tutor
Still doesn't work for me since July. Really poor product. Only yesterday a friend had to phone me from my front door as I got no call and my chime didn't go off!
garethkendall19
Tutor
Tutor
I've just spent an hour on hold trying to contact support. I just want some answers now.
bscooper0
Guide
Guide
Awesome mate, let us know how you go with that! It's bloody frustrating.
oscwes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with Android, no calls from the doorbell since a couple of weeks.

Pellepennan
Guide
Guide

Me to. Both iPhone 7/8 and Android phone. Works maybe 2 out of 10 tries

GStanbury
Tutor
Tutor
Adding my name to the list. It is frustrating that Carlo does not prepared for the iOS updates
Pellepennan
Guide
Guide

After 1,5 hour in support with Arlo Chat, they can confirm there are similar cases reported and it is escalated internaly. Lets start hoping for a soution 🙂

MM42
Tutor
Tutor

Adding my name to this list, as have been having the same problem for the past few weeks. - Been driving me insane trying everything to get the doorbell to ring my phone to no avail, until i finally found this thread just now and discover everyone else having the same problem.  Arlo, you need to fix this NOW!

DualQuad
Guide
Guide
It’s so odd it took THIS MUCH for Arlo to realize this issue. If they want to be a premier product, they need to be on their A GAME. I do not understand why this product fluctuates in quality.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Agreed! The fluctuation is what’s really baffling. The past week or so I’ve been seeing each and every problem reported throughout this forum. Then all of a sudden, these last couple of days, the whole system is working great. I don’t get it. It’s flawless right now.

But my concern is will it be working the day I really need it to work. That’s when the money I paid for it matters the most.

qureshibe
Star
Star

as stated at the beginning of the thread my issue was resolved with support on the line.

uninstalling app & reinstalling it on the phone it wasn't working. thn exchanging accounts on both phone & it worked.

now I have other Major Issue of Doorbell not triggering recordings or detecting motion. I had support on the phone they said teams are working on it.

No snapshot & no recordings by doorbell

New2ArloFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought the audio doorbell and arlo chime.  I can't seem to get the chime and incoming call to work together.  i.e.  I want it set to call me AND ring the Arlo chime when someone presses the button.  Is there some issue, or are these not designed to do both?  Thanks.