Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
timpharrison
Star
Star

Since updating to iOS 13 my doorbell does not call my iPhone (or that of my wife's).

I have followed guidance under a similar thread, to no avail:

- Reset Arlo base station

- Removed and reinstalled Arlo doorbell

- Removed and reinstalled iOS Arlo application

Any ideas before I try to return this to the manufacturer?  It really is very poor that the app upgrade was released without this being resolved.

207 REPLIES 207
pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
My arlo doorbell case was escalated further and i was meant to get a call back within 24-48 hours and guess what ..... no one rang me back
dpoon
Guide
Guide

I exchanged my original Doorbell but the second one did not call my iPhone either.

I just disconnected my Doorbell and will be exchanging it this morning at Bestbuy for a Nest Hello video doorbell.  Yes, quite a bit more money but I was planning to get the Arlo Video Doorbell anyways when it is released.  Given the lack of Arlo support, their video doorbell may not work that well anyways.

I am also going to look at replacing my driveway and front door Arlo's with the Nest camera's.  Best Buy said that, even though I am beyond the 30 day exchange policy, they are willing to exchange them anyways.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

For those of you experiencing this issue with your doorbell, can you log out of the Arlo Mobile App > Log back in & test again.

When pressing the doorbell, do you receive a voicemail prompt?

Talktotone
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi. I have logged out of the app, deleted the app, logged back in. No changes. I have deleted the doorbell and chime and resynced but again no change. I have tried the doorbell without the chime still doesn’t work. Judging by the comments on this forum there is clearly an issue that needs resolving. And no when I press the button there is no prompt. When connected to the chime the chime rings. Nothing else happens
timpharrison
Star
Star
ShaneS (Arlo moderator):

I have also tried logging out of the app and back in again. This does not resolve the problem. If you had read the previous messages in this thread you will have seen that uninstalling the app and reinstalling doesn’t fix the problem (ergo logging out/in won’t resolve either).

What is your next suggestion?

Do you accept that this is a problem for ALL users
with the doorbell and iOS13? Can you point to a single user who has this working?

If not, I think you have a problem on your hands that needs escalating!
Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS I've done your recommendation several times. No change. This appears to be a widespread issue. When will a fix be deployed? Without the call function, the doorbell is basically useless.

pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
@ShayneS
I have logged out and in many times, with no luck. I have removed the device and reconnected many times i have spent 2 hours with arlo support reseting the whole system and still nothing. Clearly there is an issue on your side or ios side !
Rchall
Guide
Guide

Hi

I have logged in and out again and again but with no result..

When pressing doorbell I do not get a voice prompt.

pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
I forgot to mention that i dont get voicemail anymore either
gosupes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just picked up the Pro 2 system the other day and have everything else running with the exception of the doorbell. The motion sensor sends alerts, but the call feature isn't working. I have been all through the settings menu, and heave read more than a few threads on this site, but I cannot see any way to activate this option. When the doorbell is pressed, after a long pause, a pre-recorded voice comes over the speaker about leaving a message, but still no call function.  Any tips from anyone? System reset or device reinstall?

ptmullett
Tutor
Tutor

I have also stopped receiving calls ever since iOS13 came out. My wife's phone was working prior to her updating her OS.

pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
New ios 13.1.3 updated available.
Will updated later tonight and we wilm see if it fixes the doorbell?!
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi ShayneS

After doing everything in the Arlo instructions and all the above mentioned tips, including your suggestion to log out and back in, I am still calling “no joy”.

Logging out and in did work....once!  Then nothing again. Log out and in again...and it worked only once again. This can’t possibly be how things are going to work going forward!

On top of all the other issues we are seeing with the cameras and base units (recordings freezing, pixelation, no push notifications, subjects vanishing,  etc,etc,) the future for us does seem to be rather dim. I did pay for Best Buy’s extended warranty but that only gets me a store credit. I will not see any cash back if I return the whole system. So what do I buy for $1500.00? Having all of this for less than 6 months, will Arlo refund my purchase price?

I must say, if there is ever a Class Action Law Suite against Arlo....count me in.

Talktotone
Apprentice
Apprentice
Makes no difference. I have updated to iOS 13.1.3 and phone does not ring when button depressed. Come I arlo there is clearly an issue on your end.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

And the above was done after iOS update to 13.1.3.

I don’t feel blaming Apple is the way to go. Sure they have some issues at times but nothing like what we are subject to with Arlo’s products

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

REALLY! Seriously!!  After all that two of my cameras needed to be reset and base station needed to be restarted. After the reset, the doorbell needed to be synced all over again as it did not come back on it’s own.

Ok my God, when will this end?

I am SO sorry I bought this brand. I truly regret this purchase.

DDLNZ
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo,

Most of us have spent more than $1000 for a set of malfunctional stuff, we urge your immediate action, right now !

Folks,

This certainly should be widely shared via social media such as Twitter to those who intend to purchase its products, or more and more customers would be trapped as us!

Any suggestions for either getting Arlo into action, or having refund?

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don’t do the social media thing but I just might consider opening an account just to get the discussion going

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

The iOS 13.1.3 update makes no difference out all. 

@ShayneS or @JamesC Have you got any updates on this significant issue?

pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
Good thing is guys that now i have two $200 dollar doorbells installed at home that ring as well as the $5 doorbells from ebay i had previously
😂
Add3
Guide
Guide
Lookie here! I just looked on Arlo‘s website and lo and behold, the Arlo’s video doorbell is being advertised. So 3 questions: 1. Will the call to phone feature actually work on this new item as it not working on my current Arlo audio doorbell? 2. Will the call to phone feature start working on my current doorbell? 3. And Because of the issues that we are having with our audio doorbells, Will Arlo buy back our current doorbell so that we can put that money toward the new video doorbell, or at least give us a deep discount for the video door bell? Just wondering!?
Rchall
Guide
Guide

I am waiting a couple of days then if not working will change to Ring Doorbell 1. The supplier I bought the Arlo from has indicated it will refund my money. 

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey Add3,

Based on my ongoing issues with all things Arlo, let me answer your questions if I may.

1 - No.

2 - No.

3 - And no.

DualQuad
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue.  Doorbell does not ring phone at all.  

iOS 13.1.2

Arlo App: 2.9.1 (1134)

Personal note:  it baffles me that the quality of the app and the pro services that I pay for deteriorates each month.  At this point, I am not buying anymore devices and will most likely look for another solution.  

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If I can get a cash refund I too will be looking for an alternate.
I feel there should be some sort of consumer protection laws that protect people from getting stuck with technology that simply is not ready for sale to the general public.
And one year manufacturers warranty SHOULD MEAN A FULL CASH REFUND IF THE PRODUCT DOES NOT FUNCTION AS ADVERTISED. Is that not false advertising?
Best Buy here in Canada should stand firmly behind any and all product they sell. None of this 30 days for cash back and then only a store credit after that.
I think Best Buy should be boycotted also. I will pay them a visit and speak to a manager there about a full refund.