Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell delay

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Scouter882
Aspirant
Aspirant
I habe been through multiple sessions with support. Nothing has helped my 10+ second delay between doorbell button push and arlo chime activation. My firmware is also stuck at a very old version and I cannot get it to update. Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scouter882
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well my base refused to upgrade firmware. I removed it and set everything up again and all firmware updated. Much better performance out of the doorbell now. Worthless Arlo support had no idea what was wrong.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You should be able to get the base station to update or see the update of firmware by power cycling it. The cameras will probably need to be manually updated once it says the update is available to them

Scouter882
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well I power cycled my base and no luck with firmwsre updates. Looks like the base isnt on the latest firmware either.
schumaku
Master
Master

The initial ringing is always delayed heavily here, too - five seconds under "better" conditions, up to >10 seconds randomly, too.

---
Please click on thumbs up if this answer was useful - thank you!
Scouter882
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well my base refused to upgrade firmware. I removed it and set everything up again and all firmware updated. Much better performance out of the doorbell now. Worthless Arlo support had no idea what was wrong.
chadbowering
Aspirant
Aspirant

It would be nice to have a delay to give more time to get to the door when pushed. Also a different ringtone for doorbell on phone. Or disable the leave a message if it is better. It is hard to get to the door in a quick time frame before guest is prompt to leave a message.

Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

@chadbowering wrote:

It would be nice to have a delay to give more time to get to the door when pushed. Also a different ringtone for doorbell on phone. Or disable the leave a message if it is better. It is hard to get to the door in a quick time frame before guest is prompt to leave a message.

Can't speak to the delays but on an IPhone you can set a different ring tone for the Arlo phone call, I have done this.  Just save the doorbell as a contact and then you can set any ringtone you want for it.  Not sure if this is possible on a Android.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation