Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell call results in App flickering (Samsung Note 5)

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
M3nd1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello there 

A newbie here - just last week purchased a new Arlo Pro 2 (4 camera system) and a doorbell (from different retailers as had a good deal seperately). 

The cameras and base are all working great - but soon as I receive a call from the doorbell, the Arlo App (on my Samsung Note 5) starts to flicker. Please assist if you can.

I have tried reinstalling all the devices, reinstalled the app and still no success.

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you mean by the app flickering. DO you mean the app itself or the call to the phone with Decline and Accept? WHat exactly is flickering? Any chance you can screen capture a video it so we can see?

M3nd1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks JGUERDAT

I tried to upload a video earlier but the forum doesnt perhaps allow mp4 files so have tried to convert the video to a 6-sec GIF format.

Please feel free to ask me for any other queries - I am using the latest Android OS version 7.0 on Samsung Note5 and all the Arlo firmware and App versions are all latest too.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Wow!  Haven't seen that before. I would guess it's something about your phone or a setting someplace but don't have a clue where to start. Have you rebooted the phone? Is the OS up to date?

M3nd1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I am using the latest Arlo APP for Android, latest android operating system/software and doorbell firmware is also updated. I have tried reinstalling the doorbell etc too but to no help.

I am surprised if anyone else using arlo doorbell on a samsung device is experiencing anything similar?

Anyone else?

In this case should I contact Arlo support?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 with no problems.

Yes, I would open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

M3nd1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks JGUERDAT

I am raising a case with ARLO Support.

I also tried further troubleshooting and there were some suggestions to try changing the frequency of the base from AUTO to 60 or 50 Hz - tried both but no change. Also changed the doorbell button between 1, 2 and 3 positions and still no change to the flickering issue.

Will post an update or progress later here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation