Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Tasom
Aspirant
Aspirant
It took much trial and error to figure out the silent mode settings. As of now 11/1/19, turning on the silent mode selector (to green), turns on the sub options for chime, incoming call and traditional...depending on configuration.

However...green for the sub options means their sound is enabled. If I individually turn them off (grayed out), then they silence. But I can only turn off two of the 3 selections or the main "silent mode" selector turns off and everything is enabled regardless of the sub options setting. Worse, next time I turn silent mode on, I have to deselect which two I want off.

In the attached screenshot it shows that incoming call and the remote plug in chime are actually turned off.
3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Tasom

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Tasom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. However, while I am fully aware of how to contact support- I have no intentions on doing so for this issue. My post was more of an FYI to the community. This is clearly an opertational bug that can be remedied with an update. My experience with support was less than stellar when I called them pre-purchase to ask some questions and the rep was not familiar with the products at all, and in fact gave me in correct info about the base station that came with the kit I purchased. 

ZosoPage1963
Apprentice
Apprentice

thanks for this.  It is exactly what I was looking for.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation