Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

motokochan
Star
Star

Has anyone else had issues with the volume of the doorbell when using the two-way audio? The sound of the person at the door is quite clear and loud on the phone, but when you speak back to the person at the doorbell it's very quiet even at 95% volume.

I've been in contact with Arlo support, and was told the engineering team could reproduce the issue, but the lack of comments on here about this issue make me wonder if the unit I have is just defective and an exchange for a new one would be a good idea.

164 REPLIES 164
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"Loud enough" is subjective. The doorbell is powered by two AA batteries so the amplifier for the speaker  can't exactly be high-powered. Add in the ambient noise and you can see where what works for some doesn't for others. That said, maybe it's the mic olume on your phone. Try a different device (computer?) to see if there's a difference.

Makaakjak
Initiate
Initiate

Same here, can barely hear it, planning on returning it, I can’t use it the way it is

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand some users are experiencing lower than expected volume levels with their Arlo Audio Doorbell, we are working on enhancements for this and will provide an update as soon as we have more information available.

JamesC

alien8d
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue, speaker volume is very tiny, like some 1950s radio.
Makaakjak
Initiate
Initiate
I just returned mine about 15 minutes ago, with no sound it was useless to me.
DeputyDog95
Star
Star

Agreed. We live in a relatively quiet suburban neighborhood, and it's really hard to hear if even a car drives by.

My cell phone is at least 100% louder.

Would be nice if they added some adjustability with the volume.

Jeflores7
Initiate
Initiate

motokochan
Star
Star

Agreed. I was near the end of the store return period and it didn't look like any update was forthcoming so I returned the doorbell and chime. Maybe I'll try again with it in 6 months to a year when the bugs are worked out if I don't get a different system before then.

ATM2019
Initiate
Initiate
Just bought the arlo doorbell, but the sound at the doorbell is too low, even at 100% settings, planning to return if the problem is not solved!!
Jeflores7
Initiate
Initiate
Useless with this volume!!!!! Arrrggghhh! Returning to store.
BradGalloway
Star
Star

Just finished connecting mine.  My doorbell volume is 100% and can barely hear anything coming out of it.  The mic isn't that great either.  Can barely heare anything on my phoe or at the doorbell.   Disappointed.

agwerner
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue. Almost impossible to hear anything from the speaker. Mic seems fine.
Gila_T
Initiate
Initiate

As others have reported, issues with the volume of the doorbell when using the two-way audio.  Very low and breaks up.  Base station is within 25 feet and  a camera is within 6 feet.   Kids cant hear it and they have much better hearing than I do.

CSELLINGTON
Initiate
Initiate

Clearly this is an issue with the new Doorbell product. The volume of my doorbell is so low at the highest setting there is no way I can communicate with people at my front door and that was the specific reason for this purchase. Short of returning the product, is the best course of action to log a support call so that if when a recall or fix is available we will be notified?

Please advise.

Thanks.

smad
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same issue with the volume at the doorbell being nearly impossible to hear.  I have to be just a couple of inches away from the doorbell to try and understand what is being said.  Going to call support and may just have to return.

SJM

JRH84
Initiate
Initiate

Hi having the same issue has anyone found a resolve by chance? Its so low its not worth having as no one can hear me when i reply to the bell. Very disapointing other than the volume it seems great.

StevenL
Star
Star

I have been all through the Arlo program. Can someone advise where the doorbell volume selector is located?  Some posters replied that theirs is set to 100%

agwerner
Tutor
Tutor

Once you’ve selected the doorbell, tap the three dots in upper right corner and select device settings. Then Audio settings.  That’s on iOS app.  May be different in other apps or website. 

agwerner
Tutor
Tutor

Can you advise if there is any progress on this?  Many of us are deciding whether to holdout or return. 

Zweben
Tutor
Tutor

When do you think this will be resolved?  I can barely hear on the doorbell side.  I will be returning this and the chime if it can't be resolved soon. Thanks. 

Dirtfisher
Star
Star
I have 4 door bells and not one Them are loud!!!! I think these are going back
nxp
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue, I was told by the support it is know issue with a product and their engineering

@motokochan wrote:

Has anyone else had issues with the volume of the doorbell when using the two-way audio? The sound of the person at the door is quite clear and loud on the phone, but when you speak back to the person at the doorbell it's very quiet even at 95% volume.

I've been in contact with Arlo support, and was told the engineering team could reproduce the issue, but the lack of comments on here about this issue make me wonder if the unit I have is just defective and an exchange for a new one would be a good idea.

team is working on it.

rseward
Apprentice
Apprentice

What's up with Arlo releasing an "Audio" doorbell that has Audio issues?... Like they didn't know!

I mean, that's all this doorbell does... It doesnt have video.

Very dissapointing and say's alot about Arlo as a company! 

jason78
Guide
Guide
Same. Really want to like it. But the volume is so low it’s unusable. Will return within a week if I don’t see an update from Arlo.