Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jimpurs
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are trying to connect out new Arlo doorbell but want to use our existing traditional chyme instead of buying the Arlo chime. However when installed while using numbers 1 or 3 on the Arlo doorbell my current door bell keeps buzzing and the connection gets stuck. , The arlo door bell is making a constant connection electrical somewhere in the doorbell. When we use number 2 which is what we should be using anyway, there is no ringing from our doorbell at all.
4 REPLIES 4
Dresife
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are having the same issue, our existing chime keeps buzzing. Were you able to fix it?

@Jimpurs wrote:
We are trying to connect out new Arlo doorbell but want to use our existing traditional chyme instead of buying the Arlo chime. However when installed while using numbers 1 or 3 on the Arlo doorbell my current door bell keeps buzzing and the connection gets stuck. , The arlo door bell is making a constant connection electrical somewhere in the doorbell. When we use number 2 which is what we should be using anyway, there is no ringing from our doorbell at all.

hawkamer
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here. Hoping somebody comes up with a solution.

Jimpurs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately no. We tried calling support but the lady just said to reinstall in case wires were switched. They were not. We are most likely just going to be returning the product because we like our chime.
hawkamer
Initiate
Initiate

I also called support, and they basically told me to do the same thing, but I think I figured it out on my own. It's buzzing because I actually have a mechinacal doorbell. I switched the positon to #2, then went in the app to Settings, Device Setting, and made sure that "Traditional Chime" was selected and showed up as Connected..

Not sure if this applies to you, but before taking it back, try removing and redoing the setup as a mechical chime. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation