Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
IcyMrE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unless I'm completely blind, I don't see options for a wired doorbell.  For those of us in less tropical climes (read:  Minnesota), a battery operated doorbell really isn't an option.  Are there plans to have a wired doorbell in Arlo's future (or does one already exist... in which case, link please)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are many others here that haven't had issues. I personally am using lithium batteries to mitigate the issue but I believe the use of alkaline batteries haven't proven to be problematic. You may need to change batteries a bit more often. I haven't heard of this being an issue at all from anyone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had the doorbells mounted here in Rochester, NY for over a year with no issue. I'm using lithium batteries but I don't know that makes much difference. Battery life has been fine - going on to a year and still 82% and 99%.  Not high traffic/usage but I've had no cold weather issues.

IcyMrE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our average temperatures are about 30 degrees cooler than yours.  This could affect battery life significantly.

Assuming no other Arlo alternatives, I'm afraid we'll have to wait.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are many others here that haven't had issues. I personally am using lithium batteries to mitigate the issue but I believe the use of alkaline batteries haven't proven to be problematic. You may need to change batteries a bit more often. I haven't heard of this being an issue at all from anyone.

Tyson33
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the doorbells mounted here in Rochester, NY for over a year with no issue. I'm using lithium batteries but I don't know that makes much difference. Battery life has been fine - going on to a year and still 82% and 99%.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation