Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chime 2 network indicator

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tcomputerchip
Aspirant
Aspirant
I noticed a possible bug in the WiFi signal for the Arlo Chime 2. The signal inside the Arlo app shows it’s very weak (1 bar).

But when I check my connection from my UniFi network page it says it’s very strong. The chime works fine. So I suspect my configuration page is correct.
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tcomputerchip,

How far is the chime from your router? While your router may show the signal as strong, the mobile app's tolerance for range or interference may be more sensitive. This may not be an issue if you're not experiencing any connectivity issues with the chime.

JamesC

tcomputerchip
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s less than 10’ away. All other devices are fine in that area including using WiFi testers. I am not seeing any connection issues with the chime. Only the app saying it’s a low signal. All indications show it being a very strong signal. This was why I posted the issue because it either is a firmware issue or app issue from what I can tell.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tcomputerchip wrote:
It’s less than 10’ away. All other devices are fine in that area including using WiFi testers. I am not seeing any connection issues with the chime. Only the app saying it’s a low signal. All indications show it being a very strong signal. This was why I posted the issue because it either is a firmware issue or app issue from what I can tell.

It is worth noting that your router is giving you the strength of the signal it is receiving from the Chime.  The app/browser is giving you the opposite direction - the strength of the signal the Chime is receiving from the router.  

It could be an issue with the conversion of the RSSI to signal bars in the app.   Are you also seeing this from the PC browser (my.arlo.com)?  We've seen mismatches on signal strength between the browser and the app before.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation