Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bad video quality when using doorbell paired with Arlo Pro and Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
iRoman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just connected my arlo doorbell to my arlo base station, when I receive a call from doorbell the video that I sow on paired camera pro2 have grey snow on bottom half of video image, the I reconnect doorbell to other camera pro type but I still get bad video quality (grey snow) from camera if the call receive from doorbell
Please advise how can I fix issue described above?

26 REPLIES 26
iRoman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Bluesman2, 

Thanks a lot for posting your problem with bad video using Arlo's doorbell,  I was in contact with Arlo technical support for a month by providing them all information every time the asked. Unffotinatly I don't receive any real help with solving the problem, even when I tried to point them to the optional solution of bad video problem they continue to ask not relevant questions instead to solve the real problem. So, in the end, I pained their product in blue color and throw it to the sea. 

Don't waste your time, If you want normally working doorbell with normal video quality, you should move to ring doorbell 2

Bluesman2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually your posting saved me a lot of time and frustration since the problem was identical. Fortunately, I purchased it through Amazon and they have a great return policy. It has been returned. My experience with customer support was quite entertaining. Their were roosters crowing loudly in the background during the entire conversation. I am not sure if he was working near or inside the coop, but it was a little distracting and made my wife laugh since he was on speakerphone.  You are correct that many times they ask irrelevant questions and don't really understand the issue. They have their set process and if by some remarkable chance resetting the doorbell works, then great.

That being said, I have eight Arlo cameras and they all have worked great. So I still am an Arlo fan, but not a fan of the doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation