Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DrSM
Aspirant
Aspirant

fade up with 1.3 doorbell - requiring battery replacement every week. shall I through away this product, which I bought about 3 months back  and replace with some other better brand.

thnx

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DrSM

When did this battery drain issue first occur with your Audio doorbell? Which batteries are you using with this doorbell?

DrSM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have tried all different sort of batteries - normal AA batteries / duracell extralife / duracell power plus /  rechargeable. None difference. currently using rechargeable batteries - it lasts 48 hrs. really annoyed.         I want to refund this product. This has worked properly for initial two months - troublesome for last 3 months.

SM  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the info, may I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed. 

DrSM
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is not far from base and wifi - less than 5 feet and just one wall in between. the position has been same since installation. 

now I have kept motion triggers off. speaker audio volume 0. Don't accept call - decline it and open the door (obviously). 

having read on community page and witnessing trouble my-self for so many days - I don't think so it is a good product as such. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, It sounds like you might be having some type of wireless interference being so close to the base station. Is it possible to move your base station further from your doorbell just to test for a few days and monitor the battery life? Do you have the latest version of firmware installed for you Audio Doorbell: Arlo Audio Doorbell AAD1001 - 1.2.0.0_314_287 You can find this by navigating to Settings > Device Info > Firmware.

DrSM
Aspirant
Aspirant

checked, I have the latest firmware installed. Moving the base station is difficult as the main ethernet connection can not be moved to any other place. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for letting me know, please contact the Arlo support team. They will be able to troubleshoot this issue further with you. Please make sure to let them know you have performed all the basic TS steps & you have the latest version of FW. There may be something hardware related Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation