Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
osciva
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

My Audio Doorbell rings automatically whenever somebody walks by it, without pressing the button. Any suggestions for how to stop this?

Thanks, Oscar

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey osciva,

When you mean it rings automatically, do you mean you get a notification that someone walks by? You can turn off the alert methods by turning off going to Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo Audio Doorbell > Motion Settings.

osciva
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, no I mean it actually rings, exactly as if someone pressed the button. Both the chime and on my phone.

Those settings are off.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to remove the battery off from your Arlo Audio Doorbell and re-insert it back in to see if that might help it. Otherwise, you may need to re-pair the Arlo Audio Doorbell again.

Chadj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this exact same issue.

I have re-paired and factory reset with no avail.

I have tried setting on motion detection notifications and chime = do nothing also and it still enables the chime.

It seems there are zero sensitivity settings too

Why is it not possible to completely turn off the motion aspect on the doorbell? 

I just want it so please press the button and it chimes... Zero motion or fancy stuff

I have tried on both PC and Android.

osciva
Aspirant
Aspirant
Removing batteries or re-pair didnt work. A few days ago it also started to ring repeatedly in the middle of the night (no one was outside). After around 10 times I was forced to completely remove the doorbell. I returned it to the store the day after.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Disabling the motion detection in the doorbell and using a camera nearby instead would help.

osciva
Aspirant
Aspirant
@jguerdat: the motion detection was disabled, and the nearby camera was used instead. So that didnt help.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation