Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ljeNC
Initiate
Initiate

Installed my new Audio Doorbell. Works with one exception.

When someone walks up to it, and presses the button, the first time they press the button, the doorbell inside doesn't ring. It just "calls" me. If they press the doorbell button again,THEN the doorbell inside rings. I'd like it to ring the doorbell inside each and every time that button is pressed... I am using a mechanical doorbell chime.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ljeNC

Does this issue occur every time the doorbell is pressed, or does it seem to trigger the mechanical chime randomly?

ljeNC
Initiate
Initiate

Seems like it may have been just when I was first installing it. Maybe pressing the button too many times too closely together. Will keep an eye on it.

Another question tho... How does the doorbell know to "call" my phone when someone rings the doorbell? Is it because I have the App on my phone and it just calls anyone and everyone that is associated with my system and has the app installed on their phone? For example, when someone rings the doorbell, are my wife and I both going to get the call on our phones simultaneously?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

- The Aro Audio Doorbell will only call the primary users phone. If you would like to have another person receive the calls, you will need to set that person as a granted access user. I have attached that article for you as well.

How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

- I have attached an article below explaining how the phone calls work with the Audio Doorbell.

How do I receive incoming calls on my smartphone from the Arlo Audio Doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation