Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Audio Doorbell technical specs (power draw)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Srki
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

Does anyone know what's the power draw for the audio doorbell, more exactly what's the acceptable DC voltage as input and what is the current draw? I am working with a constant power solution for this device since it drains the batteries after 1 month. Is 3,3 VDC and 500 mA power supply sufficient or can I reduce the size of the power supply to lower current? Is 3,3 VDC to much and do I have to lower it down to 3 VDC or is it fine?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Srki
Initiate
Initiate

Sorry but my question was about Arlo Audio Doorbell. And it is about required power supply since the official support is only batteries. Nevertheless, I have tested it myself and a power supply that gives an output of 3,3 VDC and max 900 mA works great. Now I don't need to care about batteries anymore. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Micha32B
Aspirant
Aspirant

Generally, there are two considerations before installing a video doorbell. The first is the power source and the other is the internet. Due to the popularity of Wi-Fi and BT, the internet connection of a video doorbell is not a problem. As for the power source, if the power outlet is not designed in advance, the battery-powered solution is the most convenient way to install because no extra cable required.

Srki
Initiate
Initiate

Sorry but my question was about Arlo Audio Doorbell. And it is about required power supply since the official support is only batteries. Nevertheless, I have tested it myself and a power supply that gives an output of 3,3 VDC and max 900 mA works great. Now I don't need to care about batteries anymore. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation