Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Audio Doorbell - phone call comes in but disappears (iOS and Android)

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pworley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello All,

Thanks for this great resource. I have searched and read as many posts as I could (and found 1 or 2 mentions) but did not find an exact solution to my issue. 

System: 

Arlo pro 2 - 2 cameras + wireless doorbell + chime

Phone 1 (primary user): iPhone 12 with arlo app version 3.5.8

Phone 2 (invited user): pixel 5 with arlo app version 3.5.8_28410

Background: from January 2021 (setup date) up to the end of June 2021, everything worked as expected - chime rang, calls came to both phones, video was linked to camera, and we could talk with whoever rang the bell through the phone.

Issue: some time at the end of June (possibly after the 24 June app update?), phone call notifications on both phones now only pop-up for a few seconds and then disappear before they can be answered. I submitted a ticket to the Arlo Netherlands support on 7 July (case number 42579755) and never heard back. The issue is still present - despite seemingly several app updates in between. With a busy job and a new baby, the quick fix was to put a “doorbell broken” sign over the bell. 4 months (and a very faded sign) later, I figured it’s time to sort it out.

What I’ve tried:

Enabling all notification settings in both phones (as well as all possible combinations of various notification settings)

Removed chime from the system (read a post suggesting chime might cause the issue)

Tested over local wifi (same as Arlo is on) and disabling wifi to test on 5G - no change

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Arlo app

Tried contacting someone over live chat but was told by the bot that my account doesn’t have access to a live agent (despite being within 1 year of purchase).

Will greatly appreciate any support you can give. Thank you all in advance. Have a great weekend!

Regards,

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove and reinstall the Arlo Doorbell?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pworley wrote:

System: 

Arlo pro 2 - 2 cameras + wireless doorbell + chime

You selected the audio doorbell as the model number.  Did you mean that, or did you mean one of the video doorbells (AVD1001 or AVD2001)?

If you meant the video doorbell, you might also want to make sure that the doorbell hasn't somehow been put into silent mode.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062169/How-do-I-receive-incoming-calls-or-voice-messages-from-the-Arlo-Doorbe...

Pworley
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Stephen. I did mean the audio doorbell.
Pworley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

Any other suggestions for help with this audio doorbell issue?

Regards,

Pete

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove and reinstall the Arlo Doorbell?

Pworley
Aspirant
Aspirant
Together with replacing the batteries, this seemed to do the trick. Also had to use the reset button
a few times.Thanks all for the support!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Awesome, I'm glad its working now! Let us know if you have any other questions : )

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation