Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Al777
Initiate
Initiate

I removed my old doorbell button (2 wires), that rings two bells when pushed (a 'ding-dong' bell, and a chime bell). 

I connected the 2 wires to the Arlo Audio doorbell.

I set the Arlo doorbell switch to '1'.  When I pushed the button, I didn't get a ring - UNTIL I disconnected the doorbell (lifted the doorbell off of the recepticle - breaking the contacts to the internal wiring).  So I got this one 'ding-dong' ring - but this only occurs when the Arlo doorbell is lifted off of the recepticle.

With the switch set to  '2' - I get no audio ring, or chime.

With the switch set to '3' - I get the chime - but it never stops.  

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have an existing doorbell to test with but have you used the "traditional doorbell" setup in the doorbell settings?

Al777
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for your suggestion/feedback.  I was able to contact the 'chat' line yesterday, and I received excellent help, and we were able to resolve my issue.  We eventually got the doorbell to work with the switch set to 2.   The main thing that helped is that I had to disconnect, and repeat the setup through the Arlo App.  For some reason, the first time did not take - and just moving the switches around did not help (or made things worse - like the non-stop chiming).  Disconnecting and 're-installing' using the App was what required.  I ran into the same issue today (I was checking the switch settings for this reply) - and I had to go through the whole uninstall, reinstall process - to get it to work.  

Seems to be tempremental, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.  Hopefully it is 'solid' once it has been 'set'.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation