Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

jjones80
Follower
Follower

My audio doorbell AAD1001 has been working perfectly up until tonight. 

It has just started sending out multiple alerts:

"Device Online Alert"  - "***** back online at *time*"

I have tried restarting to no effect. Anyone know what these alerts are and how can they be stopped? 

There is nothing in the manuals, or anything online that I have read. 

Thanks for your help!

Current FM: 1.2.0.0_320_401

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if you continue receiving these alerts for your Arlo Audio Doorbell.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently working toward a solution for this issue. I will provide another update once the fix is available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this to the development team for further investigation. Thank you for the feedback provided so far and I will post an update as soon as I have more information to share.

JamesC

102 REPLIES 102
Taboo5150
Guide
Guide
If anyone that’s having these issues & has a service plan with Arlo can inform them of their most recent update today 7/29/22 would be great. Hopefully that subscriber could let all of us know if/when a fix is coming. Tell them @ Arlo if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!
monkyman
Tutor
Tutor

Current FM: 1.2.0.0_320_401

Same thing. Very ordinary. Support chat function is the most useless I have come across. These products and service used to be good, what happened? 

Angelicbiscuit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing here. I called tech support and it’s a new feature just added and there is no way to turn off the alerts. They have escalated it to engineering apparently. Annoying AF
Deedub
Star
Star

Yep, same here. I thought maybe the batteries were failing so connection to the base station was becoming spotty.

Nope, fresh batteries, uninstalled the device, reinstalled and nothing worked to remove the message. Can’t see anywhere to update the notification or amend the doorbell to just be a doorbell (so deactivating motion sensor or at least remove push notifications on movement). Annoying. Give us the option to treat the doorbell as a doorbell, without the extra motion detection notifications, please. 

heujo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same story here in Germany.
My doorbell and the same at my mums doorbell, since yesterday I’ve got double screwed up…
KeithD1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, started yesterday, notification are getting sent when motion is detected by the doorbell. Tried rebooting of the doorbell (batteries removed, wear, replace etc.) Tried reboot of Wi-Fi and base station and still occurs. . Seems the ‘Doorbell is back on line (time)’ notice happens when motions (round white circle detects) movement regardless of wether the system is armed or disarmed. 

IdahoTowerMan
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue that's been going on for maybe a couple of days now.  I removed the batteries for a few minutes and reinstalled - no change.  I removed the doorbell from the system, then readded it - no change.  I have TWO doorbells on my system, and only the one on the front door is doing this.  Every time something triggers a motion, I get the "Doorbell is back online" alert.  I have NO motion triggered events setup on this doorbell as I already have cameras looking at the door.  I can walk by or dance (poorly) in front of the other doorbell, and it does nothing.

I can see the motion trigger icon turn yellow on the app with any movement detected by the doorbell.  I awoke today with 23 plus alerts.

I have my doorbell sitting on my desk while I troubleshoot, so anytime I move it, I keep getting the alerts.

IdahoTowerMan
Guide
Guide

Came here today for the very same issue you posted about and replied to someone else.  It's sending alerts anytime the doorbell detects motion, even with motion settings turned off.  Removing the doorbell from the system and readding did nothing, nor did removing the batteries for a few minutes.

Oddly, I have two doorbells on my system, and only one of them is doing this.

IdahoTowerMan
Guide
Guide

I stand corrected, both doorbells now doing this!

IdahoTowerMan
Guide
Guide

I stand corrected, both doorbells are now doing this!

Spind0c
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is unacceptable. I do not expect buggy updates on a security related device! This needs to be addressed yesterday. This makes the doorbell useless for my application.
Jack219
Initiate
Initiate
I constantly receive every few minutes notification that my doorbell is online. I have reset the doorbell in the Base station and the notifications still occurs every few minutes. The software and firmware is up to date on the base station. What should I do?
Taylo607
Aspirant
Aspirant

The really sad thing is that not only do we get all these notifications, but the doorbell quit functioning as a doorbell. It doesn't ring or trigger the chime.

Taylo607
Aspirant
Aspirant

Must have been a different issue with the doorbell , as a reboot, logout and log back in got the thing to ring, but it still sends all the notifications.

Cornerhouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Audio doorbell is overactive, was working great and suddenly it sends notification every time it senses motion ( when armed and when un-armed) also says that "doorbell is back online" when it never was offline.  Driving me nuts with notifications.  Tried re-syncing, unplugging, removing batteries, standing on one leg, etc

RBBY
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have the same problem … alerts that doorbell is back online. I don’t have a solution. How do we raise this issue with Arlo so it can be fixed?

Deedub
Star
Star

I just wrote a tweet for Arlo linking them to this thread. Maybe that will elicit a response. If they give us no way to report a fault then we have to reach out some other way!

IdahoTowerMan
Guide
Guide

I connected with the online chat earlier today.  They asked me to do 24 hours with using WiFi only on my phone, and 24 hours without WiFi (cellular only).  I have my account set up on different devices, one with Wifi, one with just cellular.  Both devices are receiving the same alerts still, so not sure that eliminating one or the other is the issue.

Deedub
Star
Star

For now I have covered the sensor with black electrical tape. This has prevented the sensor from “seeing” motion around doorbell unit and therefore a notification isn’t generated. Of course, in the process the circle around the push button doesn’t light up when someone approaches, but until (if) Arlo come up with a fix it’s a compromise I have been forced to make.

I still get a warning when someone approaches the door as I have 2 cameras covering that area of the house.

NOTE: Pressing the doorbell elicits the same notification message so I suspect the fault originates when the doorbell unit makes contact with the base station for *any*  reason. 

angas
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Audio Doorbell recently started to do the same thing, but only when there is movement in front of the device (Doorbell is back online at [HH:MM]). I've restarted the base station and changed batteries in doorbell, no progress so far...

Looks like a couple of other threads already discuss this problem.

Achilds
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue. Tried new batteries, reset the base station and have repaired the doorbell - still receiving the alerts. It’s starting to drive me mad!
Makkaman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Glad to know that I am not alone. I have been experiencing this for the past 3-4 days. If it helps Arlo troubleshoot, my combination of equipment is below.

I have also noticed that, when I start the Arlo app on my Samsung S21, any cameras and my chime attached to this same hub appear offline for a split second before refreshing. This does not affect my VMB4000r3 hub nor its attached cameras.

Arlo Audio Doorbell
Firmware: 1.2.0.0_320_401
Hardware: 1.4

Arlo Smart Hub

Firmware: 1.19.0.3_1172_68a8e53

Hardware: VMB4540r2

unhappy_user
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here. In my.arlo.com. the cameras that are attached to the doorbell show offline until you click on them, and then they start to show. 

I have noticed that all of the online alerts that I am getting, are on the hour, 3AM, 4AM 5AM, but they only happen at night, never in the day.

jmatti
Tutor
Tutor
The second problem is that the doirbell is blocking the camera network and the base station has started to drop cameras offline!!! The message is common not connected or batteries have run out. I have paired 3 cameras several times… the solutin was that I covered the doorbell. At least the cameras work now! Really really annoying!!!!
Froidianslip
Aspirant
Aspirant

Joining the chorus of voices as well. My doorbell (AAD1001) started sending random notifications around 7/29. Today I replaced the batteries, deleted and re-added the doorbell to my account, and performed a re-sync as an added precaution. I was rewarded w/ about 10 "Device online" notifications. All I can do is remove power from the device to make them stop.

Froidianslip_0-1659282553628.jpeg

Dear devs: Please disable your debug logging. 🙂

Doorbell

FW: 1.2.0.0_320_401

HW: 1.2

Arlo Smart Hub

FW: 1.19.0.3_1305_68a8e53

HW: VMB3010r2

Android

Arlo app: 3.6.8_28460