Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Audio Doorbell AAD1001 - Motion Sensor does not notify. Button Works LED on when motion detects

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
dt803
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

I have the audio doorbell AAD1001 and the motion detection has stopped working. It is connected to my base station and pushing the button does trigger and notify but the motion detection trigger no longer works. if you walk past it the LED light does turn on so it is working in that sense but it does not notify or trigger my Arlo Pro 2 cameras to record. I have tried the motion sensor settings on the android app but it does nothing. I have also tried it on the desktop website but when i go to 'motion settings' it says the Arlo Device is online. I can change all other settings on the website app except for 'Motion Settings'.

Can anyone help, 

Thanks 

DT

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to remove the doorbell and then add it back in as if new.

dt803
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply. 

I have re-added it, reset the door bell, reset the base station and re added everything but it still does not work. 

Faulty product? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be. Use Settings, Support to start the process for a possible RMA.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Could be. Use Settings, Support to start the process for a possible RMA.

Hard to belive that an Audio Doorbell would still be covered by warranty.

@dt803 :  I saw some other posts fairly recently also reporting lack of triggering with the audio doorbell.  I don't recall seeing any comments from Arlo on whether that was fixed or not.  I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) in hopes they will chime in.

tmeyer13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just chiming in that I'm having the exact same problem. Spent over an hour with support staff that seemed certain that the audio doorbell never had motion detection.... A little stunned that I have to explain how their own product works to get them to take my report seriously. 

I've worked as a software engineer for 8 years, so maybe I'm a little impatient with overseas support staff that don't know how to troubleshoot anything beyond what the automated responses can do. I may have gotten a touch impatient once the grammar and spelling evaporated. https://docs.google.com/document/d/11SOPOYuptsrjWWgvfLufVyJlvgJkd2bFc64vVbtoxCU/edit?usp=drivesdk

Is there anyone that actually KNOWS the inner workings of this product that can help?

dt803
Tutor
Tutor

Thats not a good sign.... I hope they didnt just shut the feature off and hope no one notices. Mine stopped working i think in the last couple weeks how about yours?

DT

tmeyer13
Aspirant
Aspirant

The instant I upgraded to Arlo pro 3 and the new mandatory base station and subscription fee. That was about 3 months ago. Ever since the base station swap I've been unable to get the motion detection to function.

Same symptoms you're having. The setting to pair a camera to record when the doorbell detects motion also no longer works. I'm not sure if that's a separate issue or simply because motion detection no longer works. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation