Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
pm1066
Tutor
Tutor

Looking at the doorbell, and not super happy with the 2-3 second (or worse) audio delay with the Pro 2 cameras.  So--for those of you with the doorbell--is the audio lag gone?  Or is it the same as the Pro 2 camera 2 way audio if on the same network?

7 REPLIES 7
pbarham
Star
Star

Not for me...  I have at least a second of lag usually, and the call to my phone takes between 10 and 15 seconds from the button being pressed. 

This may just be a configuration issue, but so far I haven't been able find a way to make this work better.  

EON07
Aspirant
Aspirant

Disapointing to hear. 

I really want to to buy one! But if the performance is that poor and I am not recieving the value I invested into it then I cant do it. 

I hope Arlo fix these issues so I can buy it!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @EON07

Do you have any questions regarding the Arlo Audio Doorbell? My personal Doorbell has been working flawless since day one. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

EON07
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS 

That is essentially what I want to know.  I have been looking at so many reviews on youtube and there is only one I found that is favourable. 

They all tend to say there is a fair bit of lag between pressing the doorbell button and alerting your phone.

If i get one I plan on connecting to my Echo devices for a chime too. 

Cheers

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My lag is maybe a couple of seconds - not much.

EON07
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Great to know!

I might buy one today. 

I have a 100MB connection and my door bell will likely have 2 our of 3 bar wifi connection to the base station. Will report my findings. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@EON07

For my personal setup, Network, ISP speeds 1G UP & 1G Down (give or take) My phone/Chime rings Pretty quick, around 2-3 seconds. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation