Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo doorbell 5-10 second delay for the chime to go off and phone to ring. Tried removing and re-add

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Marra0023
Tutor
Tutor

When someone rings the doorbell it takes 5 - 10 seconds for the chime to go off and for it to ring my phone. Is anyone else having this problem or have a fix for it? The doorbell is up to date and I’ve removed and re added it back to the smart hub.

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Marra0023,

What is the signal strength for your Arlo Audio Doorbell to your SmartHub? Make sure your Arlo Audio Doorbell, Arlo Chime, and Arlo SmartHub is not far from each other to ensure a stable connection.

Marra0023
Tutor
Tutor
Everything has full strength
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Moodtastic
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, did you ever get this resolved. I have a similar problem where there is a 5-10 second delay from button press to ring and phonecall. Everything has great signal strength and within 5m of the base.
Marra0023
Tutor
Tutor
Nope never got it fixed
Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve got the same problem although when I first received it and was testing it indoors the chime and call went through instantly so I think the delay is because my driveway and front door cameras trigger as someone arrives and then they press the doorbell.  I’m guessing that the activity from those causes a queue.  Does that apply to you guys as well ?

tkpaul
Guide
Guide

Same problem here but with video bell–– have contacted Arlo several times and have followed all directions/suggestions.

Have finally been told that the delay IS JUST HOW IT IS and nothing can be done about it.

Delay isn't a bug, it's the system as it is.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation