Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo door bell not supported by arlo pro base station? Won't recognize when trying to add

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
gonzasan76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I bought Arlo Pro 2 wire free hd S. Which includes base station and separated I bought the arlo audio door bell. To set up cameras was fine but i can Not set up the door bell as it is not recognize when I try to add device from the software. Would it be possible that the base station only supports the cameras or what should I do to add the audio door bell? Does anybody have this Problem? Thanks in advance for your help

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro/Pro2 base station does support the door bell.

As to why your having issues, unsure.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you used the doorbell reset procedure yet as shown in the FAQ here?

brh
Master
Master

@gonzasan76 

I have occasionally had problems connecting devices using the new app. There is a tiny sync button in between the batteries. Try briefly pressing the sync button on the base station and then briefly press the tiny sync button inside the doorbell and see if that allows it to connect. Don't use the app to install while performing the steps I outlined.

Hope that works,

Brian

gonzasan76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer Brian. Eventually the door bell was recognize the next day and the siren 2 days after without doing anything. Now everything it is working fine. Maybe there is somthing to do with dynamic IP of my internet. I think this work better with static IP?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope. The only IP address given by outside the system is to the base which simply needs an Internet connection. What address it has makes no difference.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation