Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Johnh49
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cant seem to find a create new post button.
1 i purchased an Arlo audio doorbell because i couldnt see the point of a video doorbell when i can link it to my Ultra2 camera. All went well although i had to look up the instructions as it could not be seen by the Hub / app at first. The instruction were for the video doorbell. Anyway the secret with all arlo devices seems to be to find the reset button. This should be made clearer in all install notes. Helped with cameras too. Re the door bell and cameras all working well except:
1. Connection is too slow,
2. In the case of the doorbell i would like the option for it just to notify my phone but be able to turn off the call function, and optionally if i request turn the call function on if, for example, i will be away. Then it will be useful
Otherwise it seems very good.
Also i should be able to delete all videos from the SD card in the hub by select all, whether downloaded to phone or not and not have to remove the card.
I did read the forum and these issues have not been resolved. My son also has installed Arlo in his house so we think the product is good.
Regards
Regards

3 REPLIES 3
JaiTCee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would also echo these requests as I'd like to get a notification but I don't need to speak to the delivery person every time they come to my door!

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm confused: you can enable motion detection for your audio doorbell; I understand that you also get a notification if the doorbell is pressed, but isn't that what it's supposed to be? If you don't want to speak to them, you can always reject the call, no? 

JaiTCee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes you can reject the call but then it plays this annoying answering machine message which confuses most people. Otherwise I have to accept the call which takes a good 5 or 10 seconds to connect then hang up. I'd love to be able to just get a notification or turn off the answering message functionality so I could reject the call (this would be the best solution IMHO).

Basically I never want my doorbell to be an answering machine I just want to be notified someone is there if I'm at the end of the garden and can't hear the bell or get a call if I've silenced the chime because the kids are asleep.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation