Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell hangs up on me on call

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
charleskid2525
Follower
Follower

I recently bought the doorbell from Arlo and the set up is easy and everything but I click the doorbell, it calls me and I pick up, and the mic is not working the phone nor is the mic working on the doorbell and after about 5 secs it just hangs up. Need help before I take the doorbell back and get my money back

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi charleskid2525,

When you say the Arlo Audio Doorbell hangs up on you, are you picking up the call through your Android or iOS device? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and reboot your Android/iOS phone?

If that doesn't work, try to remove the battery from your Arlo Audio Doorbell and re-insert it again in order for the Doorbell to restart.

Koolaid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same exact issue. I’ve tried resetting everything many many times. The base the door bell. New batteries. And so on. Even after the new app update same issue. All firmware is current on all devices. When I answer on iOS phone and tablet it hangs up after 5 seconds and during that time there is no two way communication. No my mic is not muted. Had this thing two months and it’s been useless.  Please help

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Koolaid,

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and/or tried removing the batteries from your Arlo Audio Doorbell and re-insert it again for the Doorbell to restart to see if that helps?

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

I got the same. Obviously Arlo have no idea why as there is no response.. looks like another Arlo product going back to where it come from.. I will probably get a Ring door bell. They seem to work.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey JJAdV,

Have you tried the suggestions that are shown above to see if that helped? If you still have any problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, I have nearly worn it out rebooting, re syncing, resetting, replacing, reinstalling. There is an issue here and I would rather Arlo admit it, let us know where a resolution is up to, and just be open about it.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation