Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
jeank99
Aspirant
Aspirant

We hardwired our Arlo doorbell to existing doorbell that has broan door chime.  Not digital.  Put arlo doorchime on 2 per instructions.  The broan chime does not sound.  Put it on 1 or 3 and it does chime, but the chime sounds with a lot of static.  Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Note: the arlo doorbell does ring phone and other.  We just can't seem to get it to work correctly with our current door chime from broan.

10 REPLIES 10
brh
Master
Master

@jeank99

Broan model #?

jeank99
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's old.  The cover of the chime has a model #99522721B.  

brh
Master
Master

@jeank99

I own a Skybell doorbell, not the Arlo, but usually hooking up the original wires to the terminals works, unless there is a resistor inside for digital chimes which would limit the current from the transformer to the mechanical chime. I could not find any Arlo doorbell instructions online, but that is what I think is happening. Usually pushing the dorbell button just closes the circuit to the mechanical chime. Does Arlo give any instructions on how to hook their doorbell to a mechanical chime?

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brh,

Take a look at this kb article: How do I set up my Arlo Audio Doorbell to trigger my existing chime?

JamesC

Gr8chacer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having same issue. Got to be a issues on Arlo side. I place a jumper on the contacts on the base and doorbell rings fine. Connect the Arlo with setting "2" nothing, on setting "3" ring sounds like someone has their finger on the button.

Kcrumb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone found a solution for this problem? I’m experiencing the same. Nothing happens when the switch is set to 2, and when it’s set to 3 it’s like someone is holding the button down.
kenner02
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having exactly the same problem.  I am connecting the Arlo to a Niles DBL-1 Doorbell Interface.  On setting #1 and #3 the doorbell rings continously.  On setting #2 I get no ring..  anyone have any suggestions?

cscheiene
Star
Star
Does it say "Connected" under chime settings in the Arlo app? I had the same problem, but when went to the Arlo app it said disconnect. Did the setup of the chime again and it works fine now
Kcrumb
Aspirant
Aspirant
You were right!! I never completed the setup because the test wasn’t working. I went though the process of re-adding it., it works totally fine. Thanks!!
Twernimont
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correct, thanks for the help.  I had same issues.  Go to Arlo settings, the click My Devices, then click doorbell, under Traditional Chime (stated disconnected) click on Traditional Chime, go throught set up again (the chime still didn't work when testing it in the set up process but after I completed the process and pushed finished the Traditional Chime stated connected and when I tried the doorbell now it is working with my previous door bell).

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation