Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

greengreenleaf
Initiate
Initiate

I've setup my Arlo Pro 2 base station, (x2) Arlo Pro 2 cameras and Arlo Pro Doorbell (Model: AAD1001, Firmware:1.2.0.0_275_250). The cameras detect motion and record video as expected but I am unable to see video after answering a call from the Doorbell on my iPhone X. I have tried resetting the Doorbell, pairing and unpairing the Doorbell with the 2 cameras and still only see a progress icon where the video should be displayed. If I look in the library after answering the call from the Doorbell there is only audio and no video. Not sure what I am missing. 

IMG_3052.pngIMG_3053.pngIMG_3054.png

146 REPLIES 146
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Does this on both wifi and mobile on my iPhone X. Same thing happens on my iPad mini 4 as well...
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you running IOS 12.2 on your devices?

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
The issue started before updating to 12.2 yesterday, I hoped the update would fix it. Same issue with 12.2 after updating.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you uninstalled/re-installed the Mobile App and tested again? I see you mentioned rebooting. I just wanted to double check first.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Yes, it was deleted and re installed. 🤷‍♂️
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

murphyr
Tutor
Tutor

Pretty disapointed with the Arlo Audio Doorbell which I purchased yesterday.

Setup was quick and easy (like all of my other Arlo Pro 2 cameras and base station) and was able to link it to the camera outside on my front porch.  Tried to test it after an apparant successful setup process; pressed the doorbell, a call to my iPhone was placed, picked up the call, two-way audio works but no video.  All I get is a grey screen with  a spinning cog.  I have not seen once seen the video after the doorbell has been pressed.  Logged support calls with Arlo, factory reset the device, ensured all firmware for all devices is up to date, Iphone is running the latest iOS and the latest Arlo app, all to no avail.

Arlo, what do I have to do to get this to work?  I've tried logging support calls and they have no answer other than to factory reset the device and try again - which I have done multiple times.

gr9driver
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo. Add me to the list of users who have this issue. I too get the grey screen from the doorbell video feed. Any estimate on a fix?
thx4
Guide
Guide

In France, there is the possibility of filing a collective complaint for fraud...

KeithD1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi everything works fine on my iphone7s but video not connecting to my wife’s iphone6. The prerecorded messages work but audio and video not connecting?
KeithD1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, I’ve managed to get video working on my wife’s iPhone.

i went  through every setting on my phone compared with hers and the only thing we hadn’t set up was to allow Arlo to activate her microphone and camera....ticked them both and it works perfect. 

• Can’t believe it was something so simple..doh! 🤔

Settings >Arlo app> allow Arlo to access> tick Microphone and Camera

Hopefully this might help some of you with similar problem 🤞 

BMW5MT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Microphone I can understand but to allow Arlo to have access to your phone camera doesn’t makes sense to me but I’m glad it worked…

tomtho
Star
Star

When I try to test my doorbell which is linked to a camera at the front door the image that appears once i accept the notification on my phone only has a fith of the screen shown at the top and the rest is static and greyed out. The audio lags and the camera stutters. Is it broken already?

tomtho
Star
Star

Same issue here but I only get a tiny bit of image.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd guess it's a signal strength/quality issue. If you live view and manually record, does it do the same thing? What is the house exterior made of as well as overal home construction?

tomtho
Star
Star
The camera is about 10 metres from the hub. If I go and view it manually it's perfectly fine. It's got full bars of connection.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what can cause this when live view works fine. The doorbell just provides the trigger. Try disabling the doorbell motion setting and create a mode/rule for the camera so it does the detection and recording.

murphyr
Tutor
Tutor

@tomtho wrote:

Same issue here but I only get a tiny bit of image.

That's more image than I've ever seen after pressing the doorbell!  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Mad

Munners
Tutor
Tutor
Anyone got this resolved, bought this with a degree of confidence having other Arlo products but this is a piece of crap so far, battery has used 12% in 2 days even with strong wifi and the video rarely pushes to my phone.
Munners
Tutor
Tutor
So if I reboot my router the video works for about 20 mins then back to normal so as long as I don’t mind rebooting constantly it’ll work.....
For 20 mins!!
DoubleBB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here... I changed my settings last night and I have alerts but my cameras show nothing. I am unable to change settings.
DoubleBB
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t think I understand.
Currently, I don’t have an option to turn off the motion detection. I can check and uncheck the email and push notifications. Can or in the near future can the motion detection be adjustable like the cameras for sensitivity? I do want notifications if someone comes to my door besides pushing the button. If you have screen shots of a proper setting setup that might be helpful. Currently, my camera that looks at my door has not been set off by motion only the doorbell.
Munners
Tutor
Tutor
So I followed up my official case/complaint and was advised that the issue is because of the Arlo app on iOS and Android..... I’m not overly convinced and stated that my video stream works if I reboot my router (For 20 mins) but it fell on deaf ears. There was no real answer as to why my battery life is atrocious, it was suggested that I was using it incorrectly.... it’s a doorbell, how can you use it incorrectly, wifi signal is great, no motion detection setup as not needed and it’s been pressed about 20 times, basically used 1% battery per press so far....
It is logged and is being worked on apparently, I was also advised that this was an issue and fixed previously, I can’t comment having only owned this useless thing for 6 days
murphyr
Tutor
Tutor

Burmajim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue. Multiple alerts but no video