Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

greengreenleaf
Initiate
Initiate

I've setup my Arlo Pro 2 base station, (x2) Arlo Pro 2 cameras and Arlo Pro Doorbell (Model: AAD1001, Firmware:1.2.0.0_275_250). The cameras detect motion and record video as expected but I am unable to see video after answering a call from the Doorbell on my iPhone X. I have tried resetting the Doorbell, pairing and unpairing the Doorbell with the 2 cameras and still only see a progress icon where the video should be displayed. If I look in the library after answering the call from the Doorbell there is only audio and no video. Not sure what I am missing. 

IMG_3052.pngIMG_3053.pngIMG_3054.png

146 REPLIES 146
Seanguy
Initiate
Initiate
Unacceptable! Still no video with my Arlo doorbell.

On WiFi or not. Bad product
Seanguy
Initiate
Initiate
Unacceptable! Still no video with my Arlo doorbell.

On WiFi or not. Junk product
Rich3300
Aspirant
Aspirant

Back in 2007 I invested in the first digital cinema movie camera The RED ONE. The first 1000 cameras RED supplied were at a special price with extra support because the technology was new and the owners were going to be in effectively a form of beta testing but at least we knew and made allowances.

Now Arlo have a great system if it worked. The doorbell is another failure at the moment, I agree with all the previous comments, the pressing of the doorbell does not activate the camera. If Arlo are going to release new technology can we be told that it's probably still in beta and we are the testers. Arlo should be selling their new technology at a reduced cost until they work 'out of the box'. We have all spent many wasted hours rebooting, reinstalling because we were sold a turnkey solution.

Arlo please sort out your R&D before you release your products

GenJen
Initiate
Initiate
Hi,

Re: Doorbell and Arlo Pro 2

When the doorbell rings, I receive a call on my iPhone X, but there is no image displayed on the Arlo app when it calls me? I have an Arlo Pro 2 camera at the front door and connected/paired to the doorbell, but I do not get any video image??
Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
Welcome to the club. See previous 2 pages. Summed up, some people get video, “sometimes”, arlo doesn’t admit there is a problem. There is. That’s where it stands. No surefire fix or remedy yet.
EHamb1
Guide
Guide

Wish I could give you some good news but I'm sure you have read all the posts in this thread.  We can't even get a reply from Arlo confirming they are still working on the issue.  I encourage everyone to continue posting here so this thread stays at the top of the page.  If you have recently purchased the Arlo doorbell I would advise you to return it while you can.  Also leave a review where you purchsed the doorbell to inform other potential customers of the issues and lack of responce they can expect.  I love my Arlo Pro cameras and the security lights but something has changed with the company.  I don't know if it is due to them being spun off into a seperate company from Netgear or what.  I do see where the stock price has fallen from the IPO price of $16 down to below $4.  I am concerned they no longer have the resources they had while still part of Netgear.  Just look at all the issues with their new products (doorbell, Ultra, etc).  Hopefully they are getting things back in the right direction but the lack of any Arlo replies on this thread don't help.

DB49er
Guide
Guide

Dear Arlo

Doorbell

HW Version 1.3

Serial Number 5MJ491WS8A994

Firmware 1.2.0.0_297_268

Camera

HW Version H8

Serial Number 4XH2717RBDA2C

Firmware 1.092.0.19_26228

Hub

HW Version VMB4000r3

Serial Number 4RD17171A37BC

Firmware 1.12.0.1_27940

iPhone X

Ios 12.1.4

Build 16D57

I only found this thread after spending many hours trying to make doorbell call my phone.  Hub has five cameras and doorbell paired.  Chime released in UK today and should arrive tomorrow.

Doorbell motion and push activated and work correctly.  Will not call iPhone although a "missed call" appears in call list and video stored in library, whether or not a message is left.

I hope these details will aid the technical people to solve the problem because the whole package has cost quite a lot of money.

Thank you

SC11
Tutor
Tutor
Worth noting as I was having an issue were the doorbell video wouldn’t play if connected to the WiFi (would on mobile carrier) I had to enable ‘WiFi calling’ on my iPhone for it then to work in both situations.
DB49er
Guide
Guide

I already have wi-fi calling enabled but it does not make any difference.  I get the impression that the call drops before it has time to activate the phone.

SC11
Tutor
Tutor
No problem I just thought it would help anyone experiencing the issue of if only working while on cellular and not when connected to WiFi.

Mine initially call dropped (sometimes not even making a visual ring and would just be listed as a missed call) all I did to cure that was power cycle the hub and reset my iPhone settings and then it worked (be it the next morning)
DB49er
Guide
Guide

Thanks for that....any help much appreciated. I will try re-cycling.

DB49er
Guide
Guide

Good man......that worked.  Many thanks.:smileyvery-happy.

vancouver
Apprentice
Apprentice
I tried that too with no luck. Weve tried resetting to factory for all devices and then setting up, but still no video feed from doorbell ring. Camera tied to doorbell still has a gray screen..

Arlo knows, but it is taking a long time! Been dealing w this since early December.

Couldnt agree w you more about the “waiting for customer service.”.
jlau1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried with my Arlo Pro camera, but it wont show video (doesnt matter on LTE or wifi)

It is a brand new unit...what the point of the doorbell if we cannot see the video when there is no camera on the doorbell might as well go get a video doorbell....

I hope Arlo can come up with a fix soon ~~

Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
Actually on a whim, tried resetting my phone, the whole arlo system and repairing everything. Now seems to work marginally. Still has a HUGE delay, even over an absurdly fast connection, but can at least get video now. If you’re at your wits end and can’t return your doorbell, it’s worth trying.
Stevet819
Tutor
Tutor

I still can't beleive I am still having this issue here 4 months out. I totally regret getting rid of my Ring doorbell for this peice of **bleep** product so I can have everything in one app. The responses I get from support are the worse I have ever seen from a company. This is sad that they can't figure this issue out!!!

blubudrvr
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, this didn't work at first (bought back in December) but after a few firmware updates it started working. Now it doesn't work again. What is going on here?! Even without the video the delay is attrocious. I agree with everyone here, this product should not have been released until they had it working correctly. It's useless as it is. I wish I could return it. I kept it thinking they would eventually fix it. I love my cameras but this experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth Arlo!

Chuckolicious
Initiate
Initiate

Ugh, wish I had seen this thread.  Just got mine.  Same issue.  Arlo stinks, sending it back and never looking back.  Was going to upgrade my cameras to Pro2 but now it all just goes on Ebay or Craigslist.  Buh bye.  

mrhilly
Tutor
Tutor
See screenshot attached. Doorbell + arlo ultra = £$%^
mrhilly
Tutor
Tutor
Packed up arlo ultra and doorbell. Both units are getting returned. After reading this post.
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Updated my iOS app to 2.7.5 yesterday, now when I get a call from the doorbell beinge pressed, my paired pro 2 camera won’t connect. It tries to connect, and shows at square greyed out box when I would normally see a 16:9 ratio wide screen video footage of the porch.

Everything worked fine before updating to 2.7.5. I tried rebooting the phone and app, and rebooting the entire system. Nothing gets it to work again, must be a problem with 2.7.5.
mrhilly
Tutor
Tutor
Returned and refunded. No more arlo for me.
thx4
Guide
Guide

Ce systeme ne pourra jamais fonctionner, la camera reliée au carrillon est déja en action avant même que quelqu'un sonne lol, c'est tout...

Rotorhead775
Guide
Guide
Arlo, it boggles my mind that after 4 pages of these posts, and not a single acknowledgement of the problem. You obviously don’t care about your customers or your company.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Dbensette

Does this occur on both WIFI & Mobile Data? Is it possible to test this on another phone?

What Model Phone/OS are you using?