Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
KUSHANG
Follower
Follower
Smart Home: I don’t find a Arlo Audio Doorbell trigger in IFTTT nor in Google Home. Do you have IFTTT triggers for Arlo Audio Doorbell?

I want to turn my Hue lights when someone rings the Arlo Doorbell but I cannot do it. I don’t find any Smart Home triggers.

Pls let me know
6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I don't have a doorbell but I do have an Arlo camera at my front door. The camera detecting motion triggers lights inside and outside my house as well as having Alexa announce "There's someone at the front door". This is only active between set times eg at night

PVS3
Aspirant
Aspirant

@steve_t

How do you make Alexa announce that?  I can get IFTTT integration, but I can't get Alexa to do anything!  

steve_t
Master Master
Master

In the Alexa app. Set up a routine. Use the camera as a motion detector and you can choose what she says. You can also choose where it's said and between what times that the routine operates

PVS3
Aspirant
Aspirant

@steve_t wrote:

In the Alexa app. Set up a routine. Use the camera as a motion detector and you can choose what she says. 

That's my problem.  The camera doesn't show up as a device that can trigger a routine!   It is in the devices list as a camera, and the Arlo skill is installed.     

I feel like I'm so very close to making this work.  How do I get the camera to be a possible routine trigger?

TazzmanUK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have you enabled the Alex skill, also ask Alexa to discover devices. Then check in devices you can see your camera’s if you can’t then there must be a problem with the skill.
Try re-downloading the app, remove and re-connect the skill. After all of that then it an email to Arlo for support.
Zonal
Tutor
Tutor

An IFTTT trigger for the doorbell would be nice, any plans to develop this?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation