Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
ADPC
Star
Star

I have an Arlo Doorbell and chime connect to my Arlo Ultra (4 camera) kit. All was working fine until recently when the chime stopped working when the doorbell is pressed. I have reset both devices, removed batteries from doorbell, re-sync'd both devices,  reset both devices multiple time but I cannot get the chime to ding-dong when the doorbell is pressed?

NOTE: When the doorbell is pressed the mobile phone is activated and I can receive a call. However, the chime won't ding-dong.  This proves to me that the doorbell is sync'd  (otherwise it wouldn't make a call to my phone).  I can also set it to enable a camera when the doorbell is pressed which works fine.

NOTE2: If I set the doorbell to alert/chime when it detects movement the chime will play a sound. So that proves the chime is sync'd and connected.

Note3:  I havce once or twice in my resyning whitnessed an orange light on the Chime when I first press the doorbell. However, even that doesn't show now? 

Am I doing something dafet or should this just work?  I supsect the Chime has failed in some way?

Thoughts appreciated.

29 REPLIES 29
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JASLASRanch

I was not able to replicate this issue. I have a few questions for you. Is this occurring on Ios or Android? which version of the Arlo app are you using?

Which messages are not functioning after you answer a call?

christiansin
Tutor
Tutor

Mine used to chime in the house.  Not anymore.  Can't figure out why the tradition door chime no longer works.  Just stopped.  Arlo calls my phone, that is the only indication the door bell is being rung.

johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

have you checked the chime has power and still works??

christiansin
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, checked wiring on both ends as was as for an open breaker.  Nothing.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @christiansin

Arlo Tech Support -

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation