Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
npinks
Tutor
Tutor

I updated my Arlo Pro 5 camera system to include a chime (without the doorbell)

It worked fine, on the two camera I had it set to chime, for the past couple of months

however today I noticed that when people went past either of the 2 camera I got no push notifications or video recordings

I have rebooted the system, the cameras, then removed them, and re-added them, for push notifications to start again along with recordings, however as soon as I link up the chime, the cameras stopped recording and no push notifications come through, but the chime plays its melody.

Its like there has been a sudden update and the camera have just become motion sensors for chime and won't record

I have had to remove the chime from the system to get my security back up and running, as no recordings is not why I bought a CCTV system, 

now waiting on Arlo higher level support to contact me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
npinks
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you, after a lengthy web chat today, I got no further, even though we had previously reset everything, camera, base station chimes, it hasn’t helped, but since they wanted me to try it all over again, I have plugged it back in and tested it

Since there was a delay in reading the chime, before it said your firmware is up to date, I guess it might have been tweaked as it’s back working correctly now

Camera sends push notifications, emails and records, along with the chime sounding like it used too

Amazingly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
npinks
Tutor
Tutor

guess i have to contact support again, still no contact😕

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @npinks

I have notified the support team and updated your case (41372716). Please let me know how your case goes & I will be here to assist you.

npinks
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you, after a lengthy web chat today, I got no further, even though we had previously reset everything, camera, base station chimes, it hasn’t helped, but since they wanted me to try it all over again, I have plugged it back in and tested it

Since there was a delay in reading the chime, before it said your firmware is up to date, I guess it might have been tweaked as it’s back working correctly now

Camera sends push notifications, emails and records, along with the chime sounding like it used too

Amazingly
npinks
Tutor
Tutor
The case 41372716 can now be closed, the arlo chime seems to be back working correctly
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation