Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Audio Doorbell goes offline/powers down. Not battery problem.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DB49er
Guide
Guide

I have spent several weeks troubleshooting why my doorbell goes offline.  I, initially, thought that it was a battery problem and have thrown away a considerable number of alkaline batteries.  I installed lithium batteries last week but it still goes offline every day or so.  It appears to have no power as it does not ring, light or detect motion.

I have discovered that by removing a battery, momentarily, kicks it back to life.  The batteries are showing 90%.  I can only assume that it is a circuitry problem but am unable to exchange it having bought it from Amazon in February.

Any help much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DB49er wrote:

I can only assume that it is a circuitry problem but am unable to exchange it having bought it from Amazon in February.

Contact support, and ask for a warranty replacement.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

DB49er
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the suggestion, I will try that tomorrow.

brh
Master
Master

@DB49er,

Often when I see that the doorbell is offline, I simply press the button and it comes back online again. This is probably a software issue. Try that next time and see if it doesn't correct your problem.

Brian

DB49er
Guide
Guide
Already tried that as previously explained.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation