Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Audio Doorbell Traditional Chime not working when call function is off

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
saichulau
Tutor
Tutor

@JessicaP 

I want to turn off the Call function but allow the traditional chime to ring.  I turned on Slient Mode, turn off Incoming Call, and turn on Traditional Chime, but when we try to ring the bell, its silent.  The setting is not working as expected.  Please fix it. (Firmware 1.2.0.0_297_268)

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @saichulau,

When you mention that you want "traditional chime" to be on, you are referring to Arlo Chime, correct?

saichulau
Tutor
Tutor

@JessicaP 

No, its not the Arlo Chime, its the hardwired doorbell from the original doorbell wiring (mechanical chime with switch set to position 2)

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to view this article to see if these troubleshooting steps help you out: Why isn’t my existing chime ringing when someone presses the button on my Arlo Audio Doorbell?

saichulau
Tutor
Tutor

@JessicaP 

We did tried the step listed, but the issue is, we want to be able to turn OFF call while keeping chime ON.

If we turn off silence mode, the traditional chime will ring, but so does the call function on the mobile app.

If we turn on the silence mode, the option to turn on/off the call and traditional chime shows up, but it doesn't matter what position we set it to, as silence mode basically override the other two setting. But with silence mode off, we cannot turn on/off the call and chime individually.

As for debugging, the light is on on the doorbell.

We tried silence mode both on (call off and chime on but not working) and off (no other option available)
The position of the switch is at 2, which is correct for mechanical doorbell.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the detailed information. Let me have our support team help you with this further. I'll send you a private message to create a case for you.

saichulau
Tutor
Tutor

Please just give us an option to use traditional chime without the call function. We have someone almost always available to get the door so no need for the call, especially since the call doesn't honor the silence setting and will ring even if the phone is set to silence, and there is no way to silence the call after it rang without accepting or declining the call.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation