Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
lnkaye
Star
Star

Just now set up the audio doorbell. Works great, but it won't ring on a second phone. Both are using Android with the latest update. Shared the doorbell with the second user. The second user enabled it on her phone. All the settings are the same for both users. What's wrong?  We are using the home's chimes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lnkaye
Star
Star

Update: Just got it working. Not sure what did it, but it's fine now. So far, we like the unit paired with our camera aimed at our front door.  I sure hope the batteries last as long as they claim. The sound is much quicker in response than with the video. We initially bought the Arlo cameras instead of a video doorbell system because none of those worked well in our location. Now with the audio doorbell, we have what we wanted to begin with plus extra security to boot!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
lnkaye
Star
Star

Update: Just got it working. Not sure what did it, but it's fine now. So far, we like the unit paired with our camera aimed at our front door.  I sure hope the batteries last as long as they claim. The sound is much quicker in response than with the video. We initially bought the Arlo cameras instead of a video doorbell system because none of those worked well in our location. Now with the audio doorbell, we have what we wanted to begin with plus extra security to boot!

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If you have the arlo chime try using the “ambient house sounds” on motion trigger. Very cool feature!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Recent mobile OSes have enhanced battery savings causing issues with this sort of thing (and many others, too). Waking the phone is sometimes needed to make thinngs work although going through app and battery settings to allow the app to remain awake can help.

lnkaye
Star
Star
I'm referring to the batteries of the doorbell.
coleshawd
Initiate
Initiate
I just installed mine and same thing only one of us get the calls. We are using the arlo chime as well. All of her access and rights to the doorbell and chime are active on the 2nd phone, but only rings my phone. Please help!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure both phones are awake and try again. If that works, verify that the phone battery settings for the Arlo app to not be optimized.

Nanookie
Apprentice
Apprentice

RCHobby--how do you set up ambient house sounds? I cant find this feature...

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Nanookie:
You need the Arlo chime paired to the doorbell.
Select “motion trigger” under doorbell motion sensing menu.
Select “simulate home presence” under the paired chime.
Select edit, then “sound”
Select “home ambience”, “dog bark”, or “siren”.
Arlo has not made these settings easy to find!
bborisbb
Guide
Guide

Uhh.. I don't see these options at all.. Can you post a screenshot of this?

LoudHogRider
Tutor
Tutor

To add the phone calls, etc. to "shared users", you need to go to the Device Settings, Grant Access, and select the name of the individual that you've already added to the account.  Each of the devices that are tied to the master account holder should be there, and you can select and/or de-select the devices you grant secondary account holders access to. Devices with access are highlighted in green - at least on the web interface they are. 

In order to enable the phone calls to those secondary account holders, simply select "Doorbell" (or whatever you've named your Arlo Doorbell device) and it should be highlighted in green.  Go give it a test press to be sure, but that should solve the problem. 

bborisbb
Guide
Guide
Sorry, I should clarify, where are these settings for ambient sounds/alarms? I only see one option for motion detection and sounding a siren on the hub. Nothing about ambient house noises or dog barks..
LoudHogRider
Tutor
Tutor

I think those settings are associated with the Arlo Chime.  This is a thread about ensuring other users can receive notifications from the Arlo Doorbell. 

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation