Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Sircoynie
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yet again, new feature, new bug.

New app update adds long needed language support, sadly it auto defaults the doorbell to drench Canadian (well it did for me on two installations).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved.

If you're still experiencing this issue on the latest Arlo app version on iOS, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Sircoynie,

Is this happening when you install Arlo Audio Doorbell or is it also happening when you already have the Arlo Audio Doorbell set up? What phone device are you using to change the language support?

mikethehorse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this problem too - just set up new Arlo Pro System including Doorbell and Chime. There does not seem to be any way of moving from French (Canadian) even though I tried to select English (United Kingdom). Doorbell firmware 1.2.0.0_297_268

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey mikethehorse,

Just to make sure, you changed the language for your Doorbell through Settings > My Devices > Your Arlo Doorbell > Language, correct? If you have, try to power cycle your Base Station to see if that helps.

Boitassi15
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m running into the same issue with my doorbell(AAD1001). It defaults to Fench (Canadian) and I can’t chenge it. I am doing Settings-Device-Doorbell-Language- and it stuck in French. I select English and it defaults back. I have rebooted the doorbell, deleted it and reconnected it. I have rebooted the base station, my router and modem, with no success either. It can’t get off French( Canadian) with doesn’t help me because live in Phoenix, AZ and none of my Amazon delivery folks, FedEx, UPS, DHL or USPS folks speak French. They all think it's funny though. But it’s unfortunately not great advertising for Arlo.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Boitassi15,

What phone device are you using to change the language setting? Is this happening when changing the settings through your web client on your computer?

Boitassi15
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am on my iPhone, using the Arlo app on OS 12.4.
mikethehorse
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is a known issue described exactly by a chat dialogue I had a couple of weeks ago with the support team. Apparently, you cannot change language or send "quick reply messages" using IOS - I have a case reference number open on this. Also, I tried changing language setting using browser [google chrome on mac OS] and could not do that either.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is aware of the issue where you cannot change the default language for the quick reply on your Arlo Audio Doorbell on iOS device and is looking into this further. We'll update the community once we hear any new information or update.

In the meantime, if you have an Android device, try changing the default language through there. We apologize for any inconvenience given and appreciate your patience and understanding.

Aleksander
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello. trying to set the language for short message on my doorbell. When i enter the setting its marked for french. I live in norway so i want swedish because nowegian is not an option. Almost the same language. But the message does not change and when i enter the setting again it is still marked for french. Anyone got an solution?
botbrad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates on this issue?

I dont have an Android device so Im not able to change the language.

I have the same experience as users above, I cannot change language from "French (Canada)" but if I decline the incoming call the decline voice message is in english.

When I try to reply with a quick reply message the messages doesnt get displayed on my iOS device when I press the message icon. The app is trying to load the messages but nothing shows up.

When can we expect a fix for this?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi botbrad,

Could you clarify the problem you're having when you mentioned that you can't change the language from French Canada but it is in English?

And for the quick reply messages, when you say you're not getting messages displayed, are you saying you're not seeing the list of messages? Can you show a screenshot after you accept the Doorbell call?

Keith1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have recently installed the Arlo Ultra 3 camera set with the addition of a doorbell and chime and found that I too have the same issue with the language setting using the app on my iphone.  I also tried to update it via a web browser but found there is actually no language setting to choose from.

Is there any update as to when this will be fixed?

Cheers

Keith

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Keith1234,

Could you clarify what problem you're having? Are you saying that you cannot change the language for your Arlo Audio Doorbell quick reply messages?

Keith1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes that’s correct. After selecting english(uk) & then going back in to check it. It defaults back to French (Canadian)
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for confirming. Our development team is still looking into this issue. We'll be sure to update the community when we hear any new information or update.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved.

If you're still experiencing this issue on the latest Arlo app version on iOS, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation