Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any Arlo Doorbell can be set to do an audio chime when activated only by motion?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Samobi
Follower
Follower

I don't have one yet, but can anyone tell me if any of the Arlo doorbells can be set to do an audio chime when activated only by motion and not just when pressed? I would like to use it indoors for my dog to let us know when he needs to go out overnight, but I also need it to let him know (through the chime) that he has correctly activated it and we are coming to let him out - therefore the motion activation to the phone is not enough for us, we need the chime too. 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'd need a camera set up to detect motion and have that trigger the chime. The chime has no "smarts" such as motion detection so you'd have to use something else. However, that camera would trigger when the dog was just walking by at any time so I suspect that's not a workable solution unless you can position it for a very minimal view.

SteveRutledge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Place in any room. Arlo Chime can be placed throughout the house to keep you alerted whenever your Arlo Doorbell is pressed.

official site

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation