Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Add Cameras to Apple Homekit

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BaronCalico
Aspirant
Aspirant

I own an Arlo Smarthub VMB5000r6, an Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell, and an Arlo Pro 5s. All are on the latest firmware, and I'm using the latest version of the Arlo Secure App, the Apple Home App, and my phone's OS version.

While I'm able to add the Smarthub to my Apple Home, none of the cameras appear in the app. The help articles I just spent the last 2 hours on a Sunday perusing kept mentioning a "Settings -> Homekit" in the Arlo Secure app, which does not appear. I've ensured the HomeKit settings in iOS have the request for Arlo's connection turned on...but I'm still not seeing the cameras in my app. This is *extremely* frustrating. What do I do to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
BaronCalico
Aspirant
Aspirant

I might have been a bit harsh there. Tough day. Sorry.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BaronCalico wrote:

an Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell, and an Arlo Pro 5s.

Neither of these support homekit yet.  My understanding is that the feature is (finally) about to be rolled out, but that's been the case for a long time.

@BaronCalico wrote:

The help articles I just spent the last 2 hours on a Sunday perusing kept mentioning a "Settings -> Homekit" in the Arlo Secure app, which does not appear. 

You navigate to "Devices", select the base there, and then press the base station again (above "Light Settings").  You'll find it there.