Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New VMB5000r SmartHub - SD card Won’t Work

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JeepFaurot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought a camera kit that included a VMB5000r SmartHub and two ultra 2 cameras. I want to store my recordings locally and purchased a SanDisk micro SDXC card (1 TB) to install in the SmartHub. It has never worked… All I receive is this message:  

“The inserted SD Card cannot be used. Make sure that you are using an SDHC or SDXC type SD Card with the correct format. Go to Settings to format your SD card or to safely eject your SD card to avoid file corruption.”

The “Format SD card” Button is not lit in the Arlo app so I take the SD card out of the SmartHub and reformatted it numerous times in my PC and put it back into the SmartHub with the results are the same.  My app shows the SmartHub is on the latest version, but I have rebooted it a couple times just to see if there’s another farm where that needed to upload. The result is that it’s still on the same firmware: 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3.  Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In order to format the card to the required FAT32 file system you must download a utility to do so. A Google search for  something like "fat32 formatter" should get you many choices. Also check the card for extra partitions using the computer and remove all of them. You should then be able to format the card in the hub with no problem and no need for that extra utility.

JeepFaurot
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked perfectly. Thanks for the expert advice!