Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera will not stay connected to base station, burns through batteries, displays 6 red lights

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CMTucker
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • VMC3030-100NAS

Bought camera @BestBuy and worked well until software update sometime in July/August 2017. From then on, the camera won't stay connected online. It eats through batteries, and when inspected often has 4-6 infrared lights on and activated (all the time), if I can get to the camera before the batteries die. I've spent over $100 on batteries trying to get the camera to work and to no avail, it keeps burning through my money to use your product. 

I've read through several forums, and have done everything suggested including removing the camera and base station, changing batteries, testing ethernet and wireless connections...hell I even had my ISP provide me with a new router b/c I thought that might have been the problem. So tack on another $50.

(Trying to fix the issue has cost me the same price as a new camera.)

Each time I replace the batteries, re-sync it to the base station and it starts working and recording for a number of hours. I also thought that maybe you were doing what Apple does and messing with old devices to sell new ones and I subscribed to your "Arlo Smart" which incidentally seems to make the problem worse. 

I do want to cancel the Arlo Smart auto-subscribe after my trial and I would like to know how I can get this product working, of if I need to buy from Ring or another home-security service. I had loved my Arlo for the 9 months I owned it until it started to crap the bed on me.

Please help. I'd hate to tell those I'd recommended to you that I was wrong and to look somewhere else. 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact Netgear Support ; https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
CMTucker
Aspirant
Aspirant

I clicked the link you sent, and saw the options to return here to the support center, search the database, and join the community. I've already done those, and noted the ticket number.

I sent Arlo/Netgear the email repeating the same thing in this post. There was an option to call but it's paid support, since I am past my 90 days after purchase and no rates or fees are quoted. I am not sure what subscription I have either. 

Did you want me to call the number, or just relay the same message to the email as I have done? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you read the message about cost, it's not for product support like this.  There is no charge to open a case at any time. All of the options are available to you as you desire.