Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Delete rules

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Am I missing something: I can't delete a rule in the Armed mode for a camera that is no longer used (the camera isn't connected).

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you're using the old user interface that uses Library to view videos, all cameras are automatically added to Armed and likely can't be deleted since it's also a troubleshooting mode. That would be by design. A custom mode that has only the cameras you need to have rules in it would be the proper way to handle this. You could recreate what's in Armed but leave out that camera you're trying to delete.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Cheers.

That camera had been long removed. It doesn't show anywhere else except in the 'Armed' mode, so not sure why it's not been automatically removed from there, too!? 

Seriously, who designed this system to have all this nonsense? And all that hassle to remove a camera from the 'Armed' mode!? 

They rave about person/vehicle/package detection and all that, but really all the basic stuff needs to be addressed because it's very primitive. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

That camera had been long removed. It doesn't show anywhere else except in the 'Armed' mode, so not sure why it's not been automatically removed from there, too!? 

Just to clarify - are you saying that the camera is no longer in the account, but is still showing up in the "Armed" mode?

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes!

And there's no way to remove it from the Armed mode, or at least I can't do it, as there is no 'Delete' option. 

So, there you go. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

Yes!

And there's no way to remove it from the Armed mode, or at least I can't do it, as there is no 'Delete' option. 

Tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) to call their attention to this.

To confirm:

1. Are you seeing "Delete" for any of the other cameras?
  2. Also, have you checked both the my.arlo.com and the app?

Note I'm running Feed now, so I have no way to check the options in Library.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
  1. Are you seeing "Delete" for any of the other cameras?

No

2. Also, have you checked both the my.arlo.com and the app?

Yes. No 'Delete ' on both

3. Note I'm running Feed now, so I have no way to check the options in Library.

Yes, I remember.

Here's a screenshot from the web

Untitled.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be worth adding the camera back to your account and then remove it to see if that clears the issue.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

While you provided good advice, I sincerely hope Arlo doesn't expect me to spend another few hours of my precious and valuable time to connect the other three cameras that I currently have, where one of them I used was a temp solution. Honestly, this is a ridiculous idea! 

My post highlights yet another issue that needs to be addressed. And why hasn't the app been properly tested to eliminate the issue before it was released? This app really does look like a DIY project, rather than something professional, and this relates to both flavours of this app, judging by the comments on here. 

I expect better. But, either I (and others on here) am/are not clear enough about that, or the message doesn't seem to sink in. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Edinburgh_lad1 Did you receive the email from my support team? 

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

yrs, thank you, and it was addressed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Edinburgh_lad1 Thanks for the update.

Boynsie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you share what the answer was for this please? I have the same issue - deleted cameras still have rules associated with them that I can't remove.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Boynsie 

Can you provide more detail regarding the symptoms your experiencing?

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation