Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

EOL Policy in Australia

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
The_drewster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have 5 x Arlo 1 cameras. I am in Australia. I have read the EOL notice, specifically the rivision to continue to provide Amazon S3 bucket free cloud recording. And I can see on this forum that people have confirmed that they still have the ability to record to cloud for free. However one of my cameras has gone offline with the message on the app saying, a paid subscription is required to activate this device. And looking at the settings page of the app it says Secure Trial Active end June 2 2024. Can someone please explain what's going on?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have activity zones set up for that camera? That requires a subscription so remove the zones if they're in use. It may be useful to remove and re-sync the camera.

The_drewster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for replying. I couldn't even access the camera to check, as the arlo app had locked down access to it without a subscription. So I removed the camera and added it again, setup brand new with no zones. It's now put the camera on a trial until June 2 2024. Any ideas please?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@The_drewster wrote:

It's now put the camera on a trial until June 2 2024. Any ideas please?

Just wait for the trial to expire.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@The_drewster wrote:

Thank you for replying. I couldn't even access the camera to check, as the arlo app had locked down access to it without a subscription. So I removed the camera and added it again, setup brand new with no zones. It's now put the camera on a trial until June 2 2024. Any ideas please?

This implies you aren't using an original Pro camera since they never required a subscription nor a trial sub. Can you verify the actual camera model by removing the battery (if possible) and looking for the label that has a VMCxxxx model number?