Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alert notifications and recordings stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jason_Branshon
Follower
Follower

I can still run a motion detector test and see live coverage, but my push notification alerts and video recording just stopped all of a sudden. I have tried pretty much every step I can that I have read here and online. I use an Iphone that recently had a software update, but don’t think that is the issue. (just putting out there in case). Apparently I also do not qualify for actual live support since I do not have a subscription. Any ideas would be appreciated please?

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jason_Branshon wrote:

I can still run a motion detector test and see live coverage, but my push notification alerts and video recording just stopped all of a sudden.

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming?

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

When I have issues like this  (recently my camera stopped sensing movement & stopped recording)

I will do a factory reset on the camera & reinstall it to the base station,  This has worked for me every time.

Factory reset:

* I remove the battery, and put it back in & close cover. (to break the power cycle)

* Press & hold the sync button on the camera for about 15 seconds, until the camera LED begins blinking amber, then let go.

* Then re-sync the camera with the base station. (press & hold the sync button on the camera for 2 seconds, then press & hold the sync button on the base station for 2 seconds.) The blue light on the camera will flash/flicker.

Then open the app and test the camera & it's features.

I hope this works.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation