Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

3 new Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras stopped recording motion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cebye424
Aspirant
Aspirant

New Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras no longer recording motion.

I purchased a pack of three Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras (first generation) and connected to Base Station (VMB4000r3). When activated, they each detected and recorded motion, along with two existing Arlo outdoor cameras (H5). After a couple weeks, the new three cameras have stopped recording. The two older cameras continue to record motion. The new cameras indicate motion detection in the app, but nothing is recorded.

I do not have a subscription, and I read you can have 5 cameras without a subscription. I saw a trial subscription notice for each new camera that expired about the same time they stopped recording. Could that be related?

I removed one of the cameras from the base station and re-added, but still no motion recorded.

Any advice is welcome, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cebye424 wrote:

I do not have a subscription, and I read you can have 5 cameras without a subscription. I saw a trial subscription notice for each new camera that expired about the same time they stopped recording. Could that be related?

The free storage only applies to legacy models.  Arlo stopped offering that on new models back in 2018 - all currently sold cameras require a subscription to get any cloud storage.

cebye424
Aspirant
Aspirant

Understood, thank you!