Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dog poop, where did it come from? A frustrating arlo experience

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
timfulmer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler
Walked out this morning to find dog poop. Checked the arlo recordings, and there is no recording of a dog actually pooping. In one video there is no poop, then in the next video there is magically poop

Arlo seems to be claiming the poop materialized in place without motion, which is not how I understand poop is made

This is not the first time Arlo has missed videos. Why am I paying for a subscription to store videos, when it does not accurately record when something actually happens??
2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Spontaneous dog poop creation is actually a common occurrence, had some myself the other day.

All I can surmise is that the arlo camera ignores the first motion detection unless it lasts more than 15sec.

Unfortunately humans are also impacted so you only get to see the backs of their heads walking away.

The camera motion sensor works best with motion across the field of view so placement of the camera is important.

You can also increase the motion sensitivity at the risk of higher false detections, you need to adjust them in the mode/camera rules though. The adjustment in the camera settings is just a test function.

timfulmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, sensitivity adjustment, very nice, cranked that sucker up to 100. We all know who the person is with the dog off the leash, and a picture would be priceless. Well worth a few (more) false positives

I appreciate your response

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation